• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

Gabriel Pramik

Yes i definitely assumed it was useful. Just thought it would be highly unlikely that most civilians would know that. Therefore unusual to group it with being able to swim 50 feet etc.
Ya they will teach you all this stuff in Pensacola. All Aircrew has to go through the same training upon arriving. If I remember correctly you have to swim a mile in a pool and do certain pool exercises and jumps in a flight suite and helmet. Don't sweat it everyone usually does fine.

exNavyOffRec

Yes I would have to agree especially when your flying 100 NMs away from MOM (mother ship) in the middle of the ocean. It could save your life if you went down. As for SERE school that was worse for me than a week of buds. Brunswick Maine in February with 4 feet of snow was not fun. Glad I don't have to do that again.

Don't forget SEALS spend many weeks in the snow and cold for their winter training prior to getting their Trident, they hit on every aspect of the fun things.

Armitage

Yes I would have to agree especially when your flying 100 NMs away from MOM (mother ship) in the middle of the ocean. It could save your life if you went down. As for SERE school that was worse for me than a week of buds. Brunswick Maine in February with 4 feet of snow was not fun. Glad I don't have to do that again.

Everything I hear about SERE makes it sound like the fucking boogeyman of courses. Would love to be able to do it someday thoug

Wish I had access to this BOL. I'm active Air Force. Even if I get the Y, there is no telling how long it's gonna take to here from my recruiter. I talked to him at the end of last week and he still hadn't even heard about the board date. He did confirm that my package had been submitted and was just waiting to be reviewed. He's done a great job but it's scary that I know about the board before he does and now I have to wait to find out from him what the results are...