• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

Armitage

if you give them 2 weeks it shouldn't matter.... that's standard business procedure. They would have no problem firing you right away. Plus... would their recommendation mean that much? You might not even remember them 10 years from now on the other side of your contract. If you didn't put any special dates down, and they say its time to go... be ready to go.

I'm ready to go right now, but I do care about the people at my job too so it's not that simple.

I guess I should let them know as soon as I hear the board results that I may be leaving within the month.

SWOMan

I'm ready to go right now, but I do care about the people at my job too so it's not that simple.

I guess I should let them know as soon as I hear the board results that I may be leaving within the month.
No offense.... but aren't you a substitute teacher? You must be the next peggy hill to be worried about that. I would not tell them until you have your final select... unless you want to take some time off. You want to quit your job on your schedule and not on someone else's. I don't know how schools work... but in corporate America they some times just fire you right there on the spot if you mention a 2 week notice.

Armitage

No offense.... but aren't you a substitute teacher? You must be the next peggy hill to be worried about that. I would not tell them until you have your final select... unless you want to take some time off. You want to quit your job on your schedule and not on someone else's. I don't know how schools work... but in corporate America they some times just fire you right there on the spot if you mention a 2 week notice.

I am, and there's a massive shortage in the school/district where I work.

It wouldn't be a huge deal if I got a ship date a month out, but people would be scrambling. I don't think I would ask for the date to be pushed back, it just caught me off guard that people are getting ship dates that soon when I was thinking I had a few months. The more I think about it the more excited I am that I have a chance (however slim) to be going sooner.

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Fastest ship date I've seen was 12 days, one of my LTJGs that works with me. Longest is closer to a year...

Gabriel Pramik

Unlikely my friend. Nothing ever happens that fast in the Navy but you never know. Just based on the last board it took 5 days.

Dougo

Unlikely my friend. Nothing ever happens that fast in the Navy but you never know. Just based on the last board it took 5 days.
Ahhh in any branch.... just hurry up and wait... No rush to let the applicant find out...

Good stress management! Never stress over what we cant control!

We just hope for the best!

Big-Red

I hate that our fates are going to be decided and filed away in some guys computer while we just have to go on with our lives.

Gabriel Pramik

I hate that our fates are going to be decided and filed away in some guys computer while we just have to go on with our lives.
The worst is if you don't get selected they don't tell you why. Makes you wonder if the processer could have messed something or something got lost. Kinda sucks to think about lol.

shoff

The worst is if you don't get selected they don't tell you why. Makes you wonder if the processer could have messed something or something got lost. Kinda sucks to think about lol.

Well NOW it does, yeah.

For real though...this wait is more intense than all Christmas Eves combined. Ever. At least we're not alone in waiting

Gabriel Pramik

Well NOW it does, yeah.

For real though...this wait is more intense than all Christmas Eves combined. Ever. At least we're not alone in waiting

HAHA this made me laugh.
Sorry to be the negative nance lol. I think im just nuking it. I hope we all get selected. It does seem like a lot less people (on this site) have applied for this board. hopefully that's an indicator of a high selection rate.

Igloojam

pilot
HAHA this made me laugh.
Sorry to be the negative nance lol. I think im just nuking it. I hope we all get selected. It does seem like a lot less people (on this site) have applied for this board. hopefully that's an indicator of a high selection rate.

god I hope your right... all you motivators have bomb ass scores... I'm scared to retake my ASTB if I get the finger from NRC...