• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

speedroller

Rangers
In what sense did they get shafted? they didn't get selected shafted, or they got selected and had to leave during a time it was a major inconvenience shafted?
yeah, not a smart move, seen more than a few guys get shafted because of letting the recruiter fill that out, that is the applicants only way to let NRC know of their actual date they can leave.

Basically if a date had been put in there and you were told to go but you couldn't then NRC could just say "see ya" and given the spot to someone else.

SWOMan

No problem then. They could tell me to get there tomorrow and ide have no problem quitting my job.

exNavyOffRec

In what sense did they get shafted? they didn't get selected shafted, or they got selected and had to leave during a time it was a major inconvenience shafted?

as in getting a date for OCS that is before they can actually go due to family obligations/finishing grad classes/weddings/vacation before going/etc.... over the years there have been a few on here, we had one at my NRD where a new recruiter put in a date because the applicant left it blank, the report date was before his family was taking him on vacation, parents pissed, applicant pissed just bad PR.

SWOMan

now that I know the SWO board isn't for ages... i'm wishing I had just put Pilot and NFO down. Any idea how putting pilot second affects chances? I'm not quite sure how the board views that, especially recently with their very high selection rates.