• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

romoth

Not super familiar with what that is. I don't remember putting anything down about earliest ship date. I saw my OR once during the whole process. He transferred about two weeks after my pro rec and now im working a Chief.

speedroller

Rangers
Not super familiar with what that is. I don't remember putting anything down about earliest ship date. I saw my OR once during the whole process. He transferred about two weeks after my pro rec and now im working a Chief.
APSR is the application that you filled out. It has a question that asks your earliest OCS availability.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

This is what your APSR looks like (all your basic info, your test scores, your program preferences, etc.)

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Publications/PDF FORMS/1131_238_APSR-Latest Version.pdf

You (should have) put your earliest OCS ship date in box 4g.

SWOMan

My recruiter told me not to fill that in. Left it blank. Guessing my processor put something in there. Kinda awkward if you put in available in August 2015 when its feb 2016

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I never filled that out, OR must have. I wonder what the date says.

If you need to leave after a specific date I would contact your OR and let him/her know so they can put the right date on there. I believe if you leave it black it means you are available to ship ASAP.

romoth

If you need to leave after a specific date I would contact your OR and let him/her know so they can put the right date on there. I believe if you leave it black it means you are available to ship ASAP.

You are probably right. I don't have a certain date I need to leave after, hoping the OR didn't put something silly like august 2016 though. Maybe I should call the Chief.

exNavyOffRec

I never filled that out, OR must have. I wonder what the date says.

yeah, not a smart move, seen more than a few guys get shafted because of letting the recruiter fill that out, that is the applicants only way to let NRC know of their actual date they can leave.

Basically if a date had been put in there and you were told to go but you couldn't then NRC could just say "see ya" and given the spot to someone else.

exNavyOffRec

a date has to be in there, it can be the date it is submitted, but it must be a date.

romoth

I
yeah, not a smart move, seen more than a few guys get shafted because of letting the recruiter fill that out, that is the applicants only way to let NRC know of their actual date they can leave.

I thought it seemed weird, but he made it seem regular for him to fill it out so I didn't have to make the drive over.

SWOMan

Basically if a date had been put in there and you were told to go but you couldn't then NRC could just say "see ya" and given the spot to someone else.
In what sense did they get shafted? they didn't get selected shafted, or they got selected and had to leave during a time it was a major inconvenience shafted?