• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Anyone have any idea on the typical MEPS wait time currently? Been a couple weeks since my med-read was submitted and haven't heard anything yet.

exNavyOffRec

So the last two selections were gifts and we shouldn't count on it being (nearly) that high for the next one? I understand that you may not be able to provide a concrete answer to this, but I have limited knowledge and have only been following closely for the last couple boards. Just trying to temper my expectations.

The standard used to be 50% some higher some lower, then NRC said a PQ letter must be before board, so that eliminated many candidates and rates shot up since the billets were the same just less people, eventually if recruiters adjust to submit more people it would be reasonable to see rates go back to what they were in the past, but how long that could take is the unknown.

speedroller

Rangers
Anyone have any idea on the typical MEPS wait time currently? Been a couple weeks since my med-read was submitted and haven't heard anything yet.
Couple of weeks is nothing. Not to be a downer, but I waited for 2 months. I wish you the best in the "hurry up and wait" game.

SWOMan

The standard used to be 50% some higher some lower, then NRC said a PQ letter must be before board, so that eliminated many candidates and rates shot up since the billets were the same just less people, eventually if recruiters adjust to submit more people it would be reasonable to see rates go back to what they were in the past, but how long that could take is the unknown.
the pilot selection rate might stay high with increased pressure from the airlines these days as well. The pilot shortage is very real. As more people leave they are looking to replace them with cheaper younger candidates. Question, would the navy's drone program also be part of the Pilot rate?

whosha

For me to get cleared to go to MEPS took 3 months...had to submit my medical packet twice. After MEPS it was 3 weeks before I got the all clear from N3N.

exNavyOffRec

the pilot selection rate might stay high with increased pressure from the airlines these days as well. The pilot shortage is very real. As more people leave they are looking to replace them with cheaper younger candidates. Question, would the navy's drone program also be part of the Pilot rate?

that isn't how it works, there are a specific number of billets for each platform at each rank, if you are short 4 LCDR's you don't add 4 Ensigns, and from some of the other threads there are many getting the 2 x FOS goodbye that want to stay. The USN uses retention bonuses to help reduce attrition in areas of concern, and there are other things to keep retention.

joel794613

So anyone that saw the contacts post:

I did MEPS//physical today. I passed. And good thing I disclosed about the contacts because I had uncorrected 20/25 in the left eye but because I had my contact it I was all good to go and my vision was corrected to 20/20 in both eyes thus I did not have to go see an eye doctor.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Couple of weeks is nothing. Not to be a downer, but I waited for 2 months. I wish you the best in the "hurry up and wait" game.

For me to get cleared to go to MEPS took 3 months...had to submit my medical packet twice. After MEPS it was 3 weeks before I got the all clear from N3N.

Yeah I figured it would be a while, just hoping that reality would be a bit different lol. Thanks for the heads up, back to doing second-semester senior things...