• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

joel794613

Hey guys I need an opinion! I wear a single contact, in my left eye. I have very very mild astigmatism. I still have 20/30 with out the contact in, but if I have an eye exam that is through any optometrist can notice it. I am still with in limits for the SNA/NFO, and my right eye is 20/20

My question is, I have my physical exam/ test tomorrow at 0700 in Great Lakes IL. Should I disclose I wear a contact in my left eye or should I just play it off I don't need visual assistance? I have a legit prescription and my most recent eye exam was in October.

What do you guys think?

speedroller

Rangers
Hey guys I need an opinion! I wear a single contact, in my left eye. I have very very mild astigmatism. I still have 20/30 with out the contact in, but if I have an eye exam that is through any optometrist can notice it. I am still with in limits for the SNA/NFO, and my right eye is 20/20

My question is, I have my physical exam/ test tomorrow at 0700 in Great Lakes IL. Should I disclose I wear a contact in my left eye or should I just play it off I don't need visual assistance? I have a legit prescription and my most recent eye exam was in October.

What do you guys think?
Physical as MEPS? Then you have to disclose that

exNavyOffRec

thought the fiscal year started in October? wouldn't that mean there was only 1 board so far?

FY billets and a board held during the FY are not the same, they start selecting for the upcoming FY in about March, so this board should be selecting for the last FY 16 billets.

WillH

RUFIO would have better info, but I will say that any selection rate over 50% is a gift.
So the last two selections were gifts and we shouldn't count on it being (nearly) that high for the next one? I understand that you may not be able to provide a concrete answer to this, but I have limited knowledge and have only been following closely for the last couple boards. Just trying to temper my expectations.