• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

KORhc

Last thing you would want to do here is to post a "what are my chances" question. You'll never know unless you apply.
Anyway welcome to airwarriors.

akblack1989

ASTB scores are low, but people have been picked with those scores, your GPA is very low, but if you were to have a chance at any designator SNA would be it.
Yes my gpa haunts me but how are those astb scores low when they are definitely on the upper side of the bell curve?

SWOMan

Alright sure
i'll be nice. Its one of the most common " what are my chances thread." The first response was 42% just for lols. the guy actually believed it. No one knows your chances. Lets put it this way.... I hate that you have a 7 in your test, makes it harder for me.

akblack1989

i'll be nice. Its one of the most common " what are my chances thread." The first response was 42% just for lols. the guy actually believed it. No one knows your chances. Lets put it this way.... I hate that you have a 7 in your test, makes it harder for me.
Gotcha

exNavyOffRec

Yes my gpa haunts me but how are those astb scores low when they are definitely on the upper side of the bell curve?

1. experience
2. forget the bell curve, I can tell you from experience of the hundreds of people I saw at my NRD take the ASTB (OCS and NROTC) only a handful had scores less than 5, most were 7's and above, I will adjust my original statement, your 7 is average and the 6's are low, remember that 5 is minimum so 2 of your scores are just above the minimum, you may end up going to one of the boards where they have a 90 some percent selection rate and be just fine, I would continue to study to be ready for a re-take, better to be ready to go again when you can instead of waiting to see and then scrambling.

SWOMan

1. experience
2. forget the bell curve, I can tell you from experience of the hundreds of people I saw at my NRD take the ASTB (OCS and NROTC) only a handful had scores less than 5, most were 7's and above, I will adjust my original statement, your 7 is average and the 6's are low, remember that 5 is minimum so 2 of your scores are just above the minimum, you may end up going to one of the boards where they have a 90 some percent selection rate and be just fine, I would continue to study to be ready for a re-take, better to be ready to go again when you can instead of waiting to see and then scrambling.
well then.... now i feel great about my chances......