• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

graduatechunk

Checking in! (hopefully?)

Trying to make this board, just waiting to become medically eligible for MEPS post LASIK. I become eligible February 19th. My recruiter advised it'll be tight but we might be able to make this board.

Think it will it be possible to go to MEPS/get a Lasik waiver before the board??

Fingers crossed.

whosha

Trying to make this board, just waiting to become medically eligible for MEPS post LASIK. I become eligible February 19th. My recruiter advised it'll be tight but we might be able to make this board.

Think it will it be possible to go to MEPS/get a Lasik waiver before the board??

Fingers crossed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your packet must be submitted before the board meets (my recruiter told me almost a month in advance). Also if you get stuck with a waiver (even a simple one) at MEPS then that makes it take even longer. Hope you can make this one graduatechunk!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

Fingers crossed.

I would not get your hopes up. I just submitted all of my documents to MEPS and my recruiter said that unless everything goes absolutely perfectly then there's probably a very good chance that I won't be done with MEPS in time for this board.

My advice is make sure you have all of the documentation that you need on hand by the time that you hit 6 months post LASIK so you can submit them to MEPS ASAP. However, even then it can take several weeks to a month to hear back from MEPS (any that might be just to request more documentation, let alone getting an appointment). Then if you need a waiver that can be another prolonged battle.

Not trying to be a downer, but just passing on what my recruiter told me. All that you can do is make sure that everything on your end is in order with as much medical documentation on your past issues as you can find, and then hurry up and wait.

graduatechunk

I would not get your hopes up. I just submitted all of my documents to MEPS and my recruiter said that unless everything goes absolutely perfectly then there's probably a very good chance that I won't be done with MEPS in time for this board.

My advice is make sure you have all of the documentation that you need on hand by the time that you hit 6 months post LASIK so you can submit them to MEPS ASAP. However, even then it can take several weeks to a month to hear back from MEPS (any that might be just to request more documentation, let alone getting an appointment). Then if you need a waiver that can be another prolonged battle.

Not trying to be a downer, but just passing on what my recruiter told me. All that you can do is make sure that everything on your end is in order with as much medical documentation on your past issues as you can find, and then hurry up and wait.

Appreciate the insight Hoya, I'm feeling like there's just no way to make it on this one on my current timeline. I'm definitely making sure my ducks are in a row and hoping for the best but I understand it's bleak. Just be waiting for the next one!

Is it correct that you only go for your flight physical post-selection? And do you attend it right before OCS, i.e. if you get NPQ'd you go home?

Good luck to you man! Hopefully you can make this one.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Appreciate the insight Hoya, I'm feeling like there's just no way to make it on this one on my current timeline. I'm definitely making sure my ducks are in a row and hoping for the best but I understand it's bleak. Just be waiting for the next one!

Is it correct that you only go for your flight physical post-selection? And do you attend it right before OCS, i.e. if you get NPQ'd you go home?

Good luck to you man! Hopefully you can make this one.

Yes, for Navy you only get a commissioning physical at MEPS (i.e. are you fit for designation as an officer). Then, you get a full flight physical your first week at OCS, with the results coming back a week or two before graduation. If something pops up on the flight physical (the so-called "NAMI-whammy"), then you can work with NAMI to see if it was a mistake or if it's waiverable. If not, you usually have the option to redesignate to NFO, SWO, Intel, etc. or be discharged from the Navy.

Best of luck to you too!

exNavyOffRec

Yes, for Navy you only get a commissioning physical at MEPS (i.e. are you fit for designation as an officer). Then, you get a full flight physical your first week at OCS, with the results coming back a week or two before graduation. If something pops up on the flight physical (the so-called "NAMI-whammy"), then you can work with NAMI to see if it was a mistake or if it's waiverable. If not, you usually have the option to redesignate to NFO, SWO, Intel, etc. or be discharged from the Navy.

Best of luck to you too!

MEPS doesn't do a commissioning physical, they do a general military entrance physical, N3M then looks at that to see if the person meets requirements for a program leading to a commission.

SWOMan

Post your credentials and we'll be happy to give you some feedback. GPA, ASTB scores, etc. Your volunteer work, extracurriculars, etc. won't be a huge deal for pilot...as long as you have something to put on page 2 of your application where that goes. Pilot has a high selection rate and it's a super fast board (meaning they don't read too deep into your application).
Would love to get your thoughts on my credentials. GPA 3.18 in accounting and finance. ASTB 58 6/6/6. I'm planning to call my recruiter this week before he submits and change my packet to list SNA SWO NFO vs SWO, SNA ,NFO. Would love to get your thoughts. At what point is a score considered competitive for SNA?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Would love to get your thoughts on my credentials.
You're competitive for all of those programs AND Supply Corps. It would surprise me to see SNA pass you up. NFO has a much lower selection rate and it could go either way. SWO should pick you up, too. Your degree types match up with Supply, hence the reason I suggest it but selection rates are staying very low...under 20%. A suggestion might be: SNA/SWO/Supply. Supply must be 3rd or higher and SWO must be 2nd or higher on application.

BravoMyles

Applicant
Eye doc tomorrow for a LASIK form, then emailing it to my OR so he can submit all my paperwork when he gets back from the break to MEPS to look at before I go in. Hurrying up and waiting to try and make this board!

Luckily I'm getting everything else together in the meantime like contacts for LORs and whatnot, so all I have to do is MEPS and a few more forms.

Gabriel Pramik

Package officially in/approved by NRC and sent to AOPM for board participation. It a relief just to have that done.
Has anyone heard an updated date for the next board. Originally when I called NRC in early December I was told Feb 1st or 2nd. I'm sure that was an estimate.

BravoMyles

Applicant
I'm really hoping for later February or maybe even March. Still waiting to get into MEPS. Guess it wouldn't hurt for me to just make the next board if need be.