• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

JocelynRR

Just heard from my recruiter that the next board will be in January.
That's what mine said but I'm guessing it's going to be closer to Feb-March since the last board was "supposed" to happen in October but it didn't happen until December. I always add 60 days to their estimate lol.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
That's what mine said but I'm guessing it's going to be closer to Feb-March since the last board was "supposed" to happen in October but it didn't happen until December. I always add 60 days to their estimate lol.

The one that was supposed to happen in October actually happened early in mid September, so the December board was pretty much right when the ORs expected it. Mid to late February seems reasonable given the stand-down for the holidays in the NRDs (Dec. 18-Jan. 2 IIRC).

I'll post my question here I guess instead of making a thread

I'm applying to be an aviator in Marines OCC.
I noticed I don't have volunteer work, or many extracurriculars, but this is because I spend most of my time working 15 hours a week tutoring math. I guess I can discuss what leadership I have gained from tutoring but is this something can work against my application? I feel like they want to be able to spot a leader and I'm not sure if only doing tutoring for 2 years will show them that.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I noticed I don't have volunteer work, or many extracurriculars, but this is because I spend most of my time working 15 hours a week tutoring math. I guess I can discuss what leadership I have gained from tutoring but is this something can work against my application? I feel like they want to be able to spot a leader and I'm not sure if only doing tutoring for 2 years will show them that.
Post your credentials and we'll be happy to give you some feedback. GPA, ASTB scores, etc. Your volunteer work, extracurriculars, etc. won't be a huge deal for pilot...as long as you have something to put on page 2 of your application where that goes. Pilot has a high selection rate and it's a super fast board (meaning they don't read too deep into your application).

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Just heard from my recruiter that the next board will be in January.
I'm going to go ahead and wave the the BS flag on this one. About 3 months is the average and we just had one...plus the holiday standdown about to happen. I would consider this highly unlikely to happen...and nothing like that has been put out to the field.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'll post my question here I guess instead of making a thread

I'm applying to be an aviator in Marines OCC.

Are you applying for both Navy and Marine Corps or strictly USMC?

KirkW

I'm going to go ahead and wave the the BS flag on this one. About 3 months is the average and we just had one...plus the holiday standdown about to happen. I would consider this highly unlikely to happen...and nothing like that has been put out to the field.

What is the source of inconsistent answers among recruiters?