• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FBI vs. NFO/Pilot

If you were in your late 20's, FBI special agent or Naval Aviator/NFO?

• FBI Special Agent

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Naval Aviator

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • NFO

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My FBI neighbor, pre 9/11, had to leave the Army Reserve to be an agent. The stated reason was it may present a conflict of interest, or command influence on the military side, since the FBI is the only agency with nationwide criminal investigation powers. Everyone else is jurisdiction limited in some way. But the FBI can take lead on any military crime. Obviously that wasn't deemed a strong argument post 9/11. Makes me wonder though. Can NCIS be Reservists? Back in the day, NIS could not, for the reason above.

That changed after they got sued as was mentioned earlier in the thread, even the FBI can't ignore federal law. Yes, NCIS agents can be reservists. One of our Intel O's in my last unit was one, great guy with a varied career both in the Navy and out.