• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Foreign Visits

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I'll second Sicily. Great food and more history than you can shake a stick at. I'll throw in Scotland as well. The people were great and the beer was about as good. The Scotch was even better. Maybe a little spendy, but a lot of fun. I wish I could have been able to get up into the highlands instead of just Glasgow and Edinburgh.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
I'll second Sicily. Great food and more history than you can shake a stick at. I'll throw in Scotland as well. The people were great and the beer was about as good. The Scotch was even better. Maybe a little spendy, but a lot of fun. I wish I could have been able to get up into the highlands instead of just Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Highlands are awesome...I would retire to there in a heart beat. Second the Scotch...mmmmm....

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
#1 Sevastopol, U.S.S.R., in 1989 because it was still a part of the Soviet Union then. The history was rich and the people were friendly, despite the Cold War. We took a day trip to Yalta which was spectacular. I spent an evening drinking vodka and talking with Soviet pilots. Pilots are pilots, regardless of which side of the iron curtain they were on.

#2 Toulon, France because we got to fly around through the French Alps.

#3 Palma de Mallorca - The country side was beautiful (from what I can remember)

#4 Ismir, Turkey - Day trip to Ephesus was amazing.

#5 Istanbul, Turkey - The history, the people, the markets. You've got to see it to believe it.

In Iraq I flew over a lot of places I would love to be able to visit under more peaceful circumstances. I did get to see the Ziggurat of Ur. We flew over the ruins of Uruk (ca. 4000 to 3100 BC), Babel, and of course Baghdad.