• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell to the world's Greatest Fighter Pilot- "Brick" Nelson

ONelson

To all of those who know, love, admire and respect Capt. Robert W. "Brick" Nelson, Jr. USN, Ret. : Rob passed away on 1/23/23. A hell of a man, brother, friend, comrade and protector. A throwback to the "old days", when being a real man counted for something, Rob was fearless, courageous, fiercely loyal, smart, funny, talented and a boon companion. The epitome of "cool", and actually pretty humble, considering his larger than life character. He will be sorely missed by all of us. Pay attention Navy, you need a lot more people like Brick, a true warrior who gave his maximum (to the very end), and did it with gusto and style. Adios, Rob. Will see you in the next detachment.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sad news. I can’t say I knew him, but I met him while he worked for Northrop Grumman and he was a good story-teller. He’ll be missed.