• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Farewell Navy Atlanta 1943-2009

exhelodrvr

pilot
http://www.ng.mil/news/archives/2009/09/092809-Georgia-print.aspx

This past Saturday, 26 SEP 2009, I was able to attend the NAS Atlanta Deactivation Ceremony..Sad to see her go, But at least it turns out to be a better result than say Warminster,South Weymouth,Alameda or Glenview.

Will it still be an airfield?

BTW, I hope that this is a typo. 9.5 square feet is not that much!

"more than 9.5 square feet of information technology support function and will eventually be the home of over 750 Georgia Department of Defense employees."

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
It will still be an airfield. The other side of the single runway is Dobbins ARB and the significant Lockheed plant.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Well so much for watching Naval aircraft overhead. Not that they flew that much anyway. Usually its just a shit load of C130s and the occasional F22.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Well so much for watching Naval aircraft overhead. Not that they flew that much anyway. Usually its just a shit load of C130s and the occasional F22.

You'll still see weekend XC's in here and gas-n-go's. The old E-2 squadron drops by every now and then. The Red Dogs (AH-1/UH-1 HMLA-773) will still be around till at least March of next year so there is a slight USMC aviation presence, for now, at least.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
You'll still see weekend XC's in here and gas-n-go's. The old E-2 squadron drops by every now and then. The Red Dogs (AH-1/UH-1 HMLA-773) will still be around till at least March of next year so there is a slight USMC aviation presence, for now, at least.

That is good to know, it helps to have a little motivation overhead as I finish up my degree.