• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FAIR WARNING TO ALL ACTIVE DUTY BUBBAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZSkegee

I have recieve word that CNRC is screening this website and that they are attempting to shut it down. My postings and many of your postings MAY have a factor in your selection process. I have enjoyed this website and all the great wealth of information it provided. If there is any thing I can do to help somebody email me at skegeeair01@aol.com, priors I will give you my command email. I think the thing that has really hurt this great website is the rumor process, A lot of things are not true, Also helping people gain insight on questions on O boards is not considered Honorable also just a few things that deter the greatness of this website. All great things have small flaws or drawbacks. Use the networking capabilities and usefull information on this website to assist you in your dream of Naval Aviation or Naval Officer, Good Luck Shipmates, AZ3 bugging out, ding ding ding ding ding ding departing... good luck

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I've heard they are aware of the gouge available on this site and have/are attempting to change ALL testing material (from API to ASTB). I mean really, this isn't a 'Super Secret Squirrel Site'!

twidget

Deskaholic
I have also heard word from a reliable source that some folks at CNRC are not happy with this site. The biggest problem being the endless streams of baseless and often conflicting information. To a potential candidate the rumor-mill babble may be misconstrued as fact, potentially discouraging them from applying at all.

In my opinion, the effect of this site is entirely contrary to this assumption. For instance, a college student might walk into a recruiting station in Podunk, MS and find out all SNA slots are supposedly filled until 2006. Without a resource like this, where would this potential candidate find info to support or contradict this? Certainly not by touring various recruiting stations looking for a different opinion. However, he might find this site, and find out from an applicant in Bumfudge, ID that SNA is still open, and that in fact, the Bumfudge candidate just got selected and has words of wisdom to assist and inspire our Podunk boy.

Here is of course, where the trouble comes in. Not only does Candidate Bumfudge encourage, and motivate Podunk, he gets so carried away that he provides him with a battle-field tested motivational statement, and SPECIFIC review information for the ASTB.

I love this site, and wish I had found it much earlier in my quest for a commission, but I think it's future is in jeopardy if some of the outlandish rumors and precise application and test guidance is not curtailed. Airwarriors is obviously very popular, gaining members and 4 page posts routinely. So the task of monitoring every word is next to impossible. Therefore, I think it would be wise to add an eye-catching disclaimer up front. Advise would-be and current members that everything read should be judged objectively, and believed only after being confirmed by an Officer Recruiter or other such authority. Also, members who post any specific test information or other priveliged info that would give the readers an unfair advantage should be banned, or at the very least reprimanded.

Everyone needs to help keep this site the wonderful resource that it is. If you see something posted that shouldn't be, contact the member and/or moderators and webmaster to get it changed.

Wow, that's gotta be a record for me! At least I don't have to worry about the political discussions. I'm Active-Duty, I know better. Just remember to get out and vote if you don't like the way things are. You're not going to change anything by writing a 2 page post to someone you know will never have the same views as you, no matter how eloquent you are.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
well, considering the fact that the navy is practically advertising this site, i don't see why they're so mad in the first place! ah well, i already knew something would happen since the site had so much to read. well, i guess us, as in the future wannabes will have to study more :).

BTW, what does the term "BUBBA" mean anyway?
thanx in advance for answering my stupid question!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
People can exchange information about tests and boards without this site...

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
that's in fly navy! we should create an underground site. jking jking, and i'm not making fun of you either. i'm really going to cry if this site closes, b/c i learned so much from it, and still have more to learn!

we should start a petition to keep this site up. or at least get rid of the test examples, no?

anywayhow, it's up to you, webmasters! Godspeed!

Sammie

When you go through actual flight training, you haven't done something right if you aren't studying from the actual test (gouge). It's just the way it is, especially in jet training, for every class coming through.

Stephen

You know that sounds a lot like censorship to me. And right now I think the Navy has a lot more to worry about than a website, like oragnizing the new depolyment schedules, getting their carriers and other ships operartional for deployment.

And basically I have not seen any classified or confidential material on this site. And as far as ASTB material I have'nt seen nothing different from the information in the study guide. So I wonder if they are going to try to shut navygouge.com also?

So in my humble opinion I don't see it happening.

r/ The BULL ENS

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Our API Aero instructor flat out told us a couple of weeks ago...

"A certain web site named after the owner has good gouge for Aero."

And he was right. During the review, it seemed like he as reading directly from it.

Other instructors confirmed for other classes.

But realisticly, I could have taken a tape recorder in there for the review and wrote it up for myself.. all the gouge did was help for reviewing or filling in some gaps here and there.

As someone mentioned, if they change their testing, someone will get the new info out.. although, it's been since March (or May?) since API Wx was revamped, and I haven't seen any new gouge.

And there isn't much you can change.. Aerodynamics is Aerodynamics.. Engines are engines, etc...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
AZSkegee, I would appreciate you not spreading rumors like that. For over a year and a half I have been in consultation with a not-for-profit effort under Navy sponsorship that is seeking to greatly expand on my efforts here. I have provided advice, lessons learned, and ultimately, I plan on using my site to jump start their effort, which is probably another year out. Some of the items that will be brought to the table will be mentor support from retired and active naval aviators, scheduled online chat sessions with community leadership, identified forum moderators representing different communities (recruiters, etc), and one of the main pieces: online testing and study material. And the list goes on. There is actually a thread on the private moderators forum where I brought this up over half a year ago, and solicited input from some of the senior members. I agree that there is some contention from certain parts of the Naval community on this website, and what it provides. To date, I have NEVER been approached by anyone to shut this site down. I think that about covers it, I could go on, but I have a flight to get ready for. All the best to everyone, Airwarriors has been around for over 4 years, and will continue to be online.

twidget

Deskaholic
Thanks for clearing that up, sir. I love this site, and know it has helped a lot of people, including myself. Great Job!!!

AZSkegee

Bubba is a term my former Master Chief says alot, like Reactor Bubbas or Black Shoes bubbas. Webmaster, The basis from my post was from an actual conversation I had last week with someone from Millington. I was calling in reference of my package and told him How much I liked this website. My whole purpose of this post was to inform others of what is going on at CNRC, I still caution all people to careful anything can happen nowadays

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jay, twdiget, Glad to hear that the site is helping people out, the whole reason it is here.

Pat, the initiative is coming along nicely, and has gotten high level support across the Navy, will try and get an update out to the moderators on the other forum.

AZ, I hear your concerns, and where you are coming from. That is why a lot of people use screen names, and don't provide detailed information in their profiles. In addition, the email address is masked, and can only be seen by the admins. As for caution in posts, well, that goes with anything in life, don't post something that you will regret later on. The main things that have to be watched from my end, is making sure that OPSEC/INFOSEC is adhered to, and information of that nature is not passed along.

Status
Not open for further replies.