• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Factors for Selection?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't count on the reccomendation for anything...As Zippy mentioned, I was a "most highly reccomended"...for my 1st choice on the dream sheet...

Suffice it to say it didn't happen...and yes...I had the grades.

If the slot ain't there...it ain't there.

Bottom line, as has been said a million times is that you should put in for what you want, put it out of your head (cause there isn't a damn thing you can do about it anymore), and fly the piss out of whatever you get.

Trust me, you will enjoy it sooner than you might think...regardless of what it is.

Heloanjin

pilot
The only thing that matters is how you stack up against those you are selecting with and what slots are available. In other words, the only thing that matters is your NSS.

That being said, if you have an NSS qualifying you for jets and there are jet seats, BUT your CO says, "Do not select for jets," then you won't get jets. It isn't often that a CO won't recommend you for something you want and have the grades for.

As for grade sheets? Other than the grades that go into the NSS, the grade sheets don't count for much for selection. Good IPs will write them so you can use them as a training tool (ie go back later that day or the next day and review what you did right and wrong). Other IPs will write things just to justify the grades they wanted to give. And then there are the few times the IP is too busy or too lazy to write anything but "Good flight. No problems."

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't count on the reccomendation for anything...As Zippy mentioned, I was a "most highly reccomended"...for my 1st choice on the dream sheet...

Suffice it to say it didn't happen...and yes...I had the grades.

If the slot ain't there...it ain't there.
Same case here

Bottom line, as has been said a million times is that you should put in for what you want, put it out of your head (cause there isn't a damn thing you can do about it anymore), and fly the piss out of whatever you get.
Its been said a million times and deserves many more. Put it out of your head and just bust your ass.
Trust me, you will enjoy it sooner than you might think...regardless of what it is.
This is also just as true. You will love what you end up flying. I know I do (as far as advanced goes :D)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So lets say I received a recommendation for a certain pipeline. Does that have any weight, or again is that just for me.:D

Pretty much what Heloanjin said. I see you're in VT-6. Some students know about THE flight to get that recommendation on. You may have had that rec on THAT flight. Personally, I don't agree w/ that way of doing business, but what do I know? I'm not sure if it's still "policy." Regardless, if you have a rec, even on THAT flight, it guarantees nothing.