• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-XX fighter program in the works?

Mxdamien

So I saw recently that there is a new sixth-generation fighter development program in the works that the Airforce and Navy are in that is aimed to replace the F-22 and the F-18 Super Hornet. Apparently it's supposed to produce a combat ready platform ready to deploy by 2027-2032. Any one hear anything? Also was wondering if the Marines will get a few planes out of the deal. It seems Norhtrop and Boeing have their bids in already.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I saw recently that there is a new sixth-generation fighter development program in the works that the Airforce and Navy are in that is aimed to replace the F-22 and the F-18 Super Hornet. Apparently it's supposed to produce a combat ready platform ready to deploy by 2027-2032. Any one hear anything? Also was wondering if the Marines will get a few planes out of the deal. It seems Norhtrop and Boeing have their bids in already.
This new program is slated to replace all of the Marines' F-22 and Super Hornet fleet.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Not anymore, FA-XX is dead. Long live NGAD!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The way F-35 is breaking the bank, I imagine any attempt to develop a "6th gen fighter" would meet with some severe pushback from on high.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The way F-35 is breaking the bank, I imagine any attempt to develop a "6th gen fighter" would meet with some severe pushback from on high.

Well it ain't like we're upside down on a car loan and have to pay it down a bit before we can look at trading up. Anyway, most of the next-gen stuff is just artist concepts and deep thoughts now. We're years away from an RFP, let alone programming any real money. One thing I can guarantee is that they won't go for another 'joint' fighter.