• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18C Down Near Fallon

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Hard to fire a guy when anyone can post anything they want on a page. I have no idea what the admin rights are to an organization's facebook page, but I've always looked at posting anything on FB as like saying "fuck" in church, or calling "knock it off" instead of "terminate" on strike common. Once you do it, it's out there and you can't take it back.

FB and mishaps don't mix.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hard to fire a guy when anyone can post anything they want on a page. I have no idea what the admin rights are to an organization's facebook page, but I've always looked at posting anything on FB as like saying "fuck" in church, or calling "knock it off" instead of "terminate" on strike common. Once you do it, it's out there and you can't take it back.

FB and mishaps don't mix.
True. I'm just saying that oftentimes one person in the organization is accountable for what goes on the organization's "official" page, and if the manager of that FB page short-circuits the CACO process, then that is a HUGE professional fuckup, and IMO the command needs to find the appropriate person and hold them accountable. It may be "just Facebook," but if it's attached to the command, there's an additional level of credence which comes with what is posted beyond ADAN Umptyfratz posting on his wall.

Obviously, if it's some idiot civilian or someone posting on the wall of that organization, then all bets are off as, like you said, you can't control that.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Facebook isn't just Facebook. It's become so much more and can be far less time late than other sources.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Just as an aside to the issue at hand - the original press release on Navy.mil contains this phrase at the bottom:

"For more information, visit www.navy.mil, www.facebook.com/usnavy, or www.twitter.com/usnavy."

I have a link to a memorial fund for the pilot but I can't find anything official on who perished so I am hesitant to post the link. It came from "usmclife.com." Not sure if that is a credible site or not. If anyone can verify I'll post the link.