• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

MasterBates

banhammer.jpg

ryan1234

He is trying to propagate his social agendas that will ultimately result in the demise of this great empire.

+1 Clux!

I think that is quite a fact. Presidential social agendas have done quite a lot to the demise of the US. It's all about the vote and getting re-elected. The true, long term welfare of the country is an after thought in my humble opinion.

Merry Christmas Clux - hope the weather is treating you well. :)

Clux4

Banned
So you're saying you want me to give you the present of a permanent ban???? :confused: :icon_smil

Merry Christmas to you too.
Damn, thought It was Christmas and all. This is more like mafioso treatment here. I thought I could exercise my first amendment rights on AW. A know it all like myself did not know otherwise. Noted.

+1 Clux!
Merry Christmas Clux - hope the weather is treating you well. :)

Ryan - doing good. Weather is great as usual. Santa was a little later but better late than never.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Though I was not in there military during the Clinton years, some things are public knowledge thanks to free speech.

Blah, blah, blah...

Another really great word to use neocon. It's a convenient way to make sure people know your closet is either full of Che Guevara t-shirts or you're provisioning your mountain hide-out to hide it from black helos. In your case I suspect the former.

Your history review does not come close to the reality of how bad the economy, the national mood, the military and the future looked under Carter. I personally look forward to some federal gridlock at least the next coupe years.

ryan1234

Despite the VP's impudent comments, we're committed through 2014.

I have a feeling the State of the Union Address will have something in the way of an unusually large withdrawal from Afghanistan earlier than 2014.

Of course it's not an exit strategy, but rather an expedited transition strategy. ;)

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Yes... Seems pretty obvious, especially in the case of POTUS. Maybe SECDEF in terms of making us an entirely small war force. If your political affiliations are preventing you from seeing that, take the blinders off.
I suppose you've missed the SECDEF's consistent and repeated words and actions to balance the needs of funding the fight we're in against the need fund a balanced future force. The Air Force's 2018 next gen bomber is still funded, as is obviously the JSF. We are certainly not buying the JSF to be a small war force, not when we could buy a shitton of A-29's as is suggested elsewhere here.

I have a feeling the State of the Union Address will have something in the way of an unusually large withdrawal from Afghanistan earlier than 2014.

Of course it's not an exit strategy, but rather an expedited transition strategy. ;)

Why would the President change course a month after he announced the results of his latest strategy review(which itself came after the election results)? All indications are that the "responsible and conditions-based withdrawal" to start next year will be all but in name only to appease the left. The target date for a handover of authority is 2014 and, ahem, there's quite a bit of work to be done just to make that target.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/26/ftn/main7185727.shtml

poobear24

F-35 Two Seater?

Hi guys! I'm excited about the next generation fighter! It's def going to be a better option option than the F-22 (in my opinion). But, for us poor NFO guys, any word on if we'll get a chance to experience the awesomeness with a two-seater? :icon_tong

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
As for now the most advanced two seater on the table is the F model Superhornet. I wouldn't be disappointed at that as there is plenty of gucci shit coming down the pipe for the back seat.

Clux4

Banned
Blah, blah, blah...

Another really great word to use neocon. It's a convenient way to make sure people know your closet is either full of Che Guevara t-shirts or you're provisioning your mountain hide-out to hide it from black helos. In your case I suspect the former.

Your history review does not come close to the reality of how bad the economy, the national mood, the military and the future looked under Carter. I personally look forward to some federal gridlock at least the next coupe years.

Long live Che! "Hasta la Victoria Siempre"

The party of "No" will not get a grid lock. The party is divided within its ranks for starters. The American people will actually expect them to pass some of the policies they campaigned on. I hope they can deliver.

Jamin'G

pilot
As for now the most advanced two seater on the table is the F model Superhornet. I wouldn't be disappointed at that as there is plenty of gucci shit coming down the pipe for the back seat.

Or the 18G! Just gotta give a shout out for the best deal in Naval Aviation! :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Damn, thought It was Christmas and all. This is more like mafioso treatment here. I thought I could exercise my first amendment rights on AW. A know it all like myself did not know otherwise. Noted.
Clux - I'm not really going to ban you for no reason. I was messing with you.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hi guys! I'm excited about the next generation fighter! It's def going to be a better option option than the F-22 (in my opinion). But, for us poor NFO guys, any word on if we'll get a chance to experience the awesomeness with a two-seater? :icon_tong

Word from start of JAST>JSF>F-35>Never happen...period, dot.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
And while the F-35 models, which could conceivably be used in a large-scale war with Country X,Y,Z are having major issues ...

The LCS gets bumped up from 10 to 20 ships.

I'm all for fighting the current fight and being able to work the littorals and brown/green water zones, but you don't plan for the current war, you plan for the next big one. Better to have too many heavy hitters than not enough.