• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, I got the reference. It just seemed like a very vanilla callsign; something his CAG made up when his 'real' one was unacceptable. Or maybe I'm wrong...maybe his first skipper was a big Who fan.

Dan VA46

The chinese must have had a spy in the Boeing "Phantom Works" when Boeing proposed the YF-23. This a/c looks like a stretched version of the Boeing a/c (probably for more internal fuel/weapons). This is probably not a coincidence. JMHO.
The YF-23 was built by Northrup.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
There has to be a better way of saying that :)
Speaking as a mech; we always did call it butt butter! Not that I know anything about that; I like it with sand and a bit of Louisiana Hot Sauce so I know someone is there.:icon_wink

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Watching Sectary Mabus, Adm Roughhead and Gen Amos testify to the Senate Arms Services Committee. Gen Amos confirmed that the plan is that Marines will fly the C model F-35 and be part of the CVW to a level that we do now with our Hornets.

SLH350

pilot
Watching Sectary Mabus, Adm Roughhead and Gen Amos testify to the Senate Arms Services Committee. Gen Amos confirmed that the plan is that Marines will fly the C model F-35 and be part of the CVW to a level that we do now with our Hornets.

Any more on this? The last I saw they were still going ahead with the B model?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Any more on this? The last I saw they were still going ahead with the B model?

We'll still have B models, they just confirmed that the plan is to also have C models, similar to how we do business with our Harriers and Hornets... Hence the
be part of the CVW too a level that we do now with our Hornets.
part of my original post...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Do you have a reference or link? I haven't heard this except by speculation.