• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35??

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You never qualified your assertion with having to be decommed. Pukin Dogs! Do I get an AMEN!!?
AMEN from here!

We, the VA-146 "Blue Diamonds", made 2 cruises with the VF-143 "Retchin' Rovers" in CVW-14, and their nickname was the coolest ever. Both squadrons survive today... 143 has added the A, and 146 the F.:)
VF-143.jpg
The 143 patch says it all! :eek:
Vf-143_pukin_dogs_tomcat_tail.jpg
Their F-14 tail wasn't too shabby either !:D
BzB

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
C'mon guys ...IIRC, "boats" are decommissioned ...squadrons are deactivated or disestablished

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Agree with the engine failure rates being much improved from the past. On the stealth side its been recorded that after a 15 degree offset from the nose, the stealth starts to decline in an exponential manner, as well as once in the merge or tail toward the enemy, that big booty single engine puts out a lot of heat for those IR guided Med rangers that the flankers carry to catch on too. Every plane is going to have its pluses and minuses, well just have to wait to see how the JSF does in advanced testing and eventually the real world. Could be a great bird. Only time will tell.

This is probably not a discussion that can be adequately covered at the unclass level.

Renegade One

None
It looks like a lot more of a fighter than an F-117, and maybe just about as much of one as a hornet. There sure are a lot of people who are worried about the F-35 at the merge, who have never been to a merge themselves.....that's all I will say
What you said was pretty good. Fair and balanced...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There sure are a lot of people who are worried about the F-35 at the merge, who have never been to a merge themselves.....that's all I will say
Getting pretty 'techy' - got any sources to back up these assertions? Also, highly recommend you don't launch into discussions like these in flight school.
I know you're not the source of the original reports, but let's be careful now...
This is probably not a discussion that can be adequately covered at the unclass level.
This has been hinted at a number of times earlier in this thread... helloooo!:rolleyes:
BzB