• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC F-18A+ and A++

A question to any hornet drivers in here. What is the difference between the F-18A+ and the A++? I've been able to find info on the A+ but not much on the A++ since the latest publicly NATOPS only has info on the A+.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
HelpfulCheeryIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

(Sorry. Not really helpful.)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just the fact that there's an F/A-18A++ should let me be able to make a really, really nerdy programming joke . . . but I'm drawing a blank.

Or, if you'd rather, my brain is throwing a null pointer error. ?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
A question to any hornet drivers in here. What is the difference between the F-18A+ and the A++? I've been able to find info on the A+ but not much on the A++ since the latest publicly NATOPS only has info on the A+.
When talking about lipstick on a pig, it’s the difference between revlon and maybeline

GroundPounder

It's really pretty simple, the F18+ can redacted from over redacted, where the A++ can perform the same mission from redacted. This of course takes into account the redacted being operative. Of course this presupposes that redacted is not exceeded. Other than that no much difference. This of course is based on 30 year old knowledge of being an Infantryman.

One caveat to the above information... the last person to have this much knowledge without being in the Navy is was Jeffery Epstein.