• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-16 Drops Tanks/Bombs at Hill AFB

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
They must be on the metric system . . no, wait

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least they're not freaking out about it. If a jet gets so far in extremis that it puts a fuel tank into your backyard, it means that you had a choice of the fuel tank or the whole jet.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most troublesome is the apparent fact that one of the MK 82s exploded. That ain't supposed to happen when you jettison them.

Brett

JustAGuy

pilot
Sorry, but that picture they show of the tin shack is not what a 500 lbs bomb would do. That seems to simply be kinetics alone.

Carlos Caliente

None
It could have gone off low order. That can happen when dropping explosives encased in pig iron from great heights.
There wouldn't have been much left of that backyard if it had gone high order, i.e set off by the nose (or tail) fuze.

JustAGuy

pilot
Completely agree, especially considering land based Air Force probably means non-thermally protected.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None

Yes.

In the AF, we used to want to avoid hurting anyone's feelings with the bombs we dropped on them (sensitive HE).

There's been an anti-PC backlash, though, and these days we just don't give a f*ck and are pulling out the IHE.

We now no longer are sorry if we hurt Hadji's feelings before he is shredded by the blast, frag, and overpressure.

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
I can't decide if it bothers me more that the AP thinks 2/3 of 370 is 300, or that 'Gallons' is now a unit of weight. Oh well, spell check worked, PRESS!