• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eyesight

S8G2F18

My results from my eye exam came back at 20/50 in my right eye, 20/25 combined. I know the instruction says 20/40. I called NOMI/NAMI and they kept saying NFO.

It's too late to change my package to NFO now.

I talked to my friend who got commissioned last Thursday through the STA-21 Pilot program and she said don't worry about it and don't let anyone tell you you can't be a pilot. She had some friends who had bad eyesight when they applied, got PRK in college and are good to go now.

Looking for a second opinion. It doesn't seem like my SNA Physical is going to fly if my current eyesight isn't good enough. The last thing I want to do is take a spot from someone only to not pass the physical.

Also, this was done at a civilian optometrist who knows nothing about Naval Aviation standards. I'm going to go to NAS Brunswick and have them look at my eyes.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Everyone I've known that had PRK done in school was either CORE or their eyes were borderline and had passed the initial physical but were worried about them getting worse so they had surgery before commissioning to ensure they would pass their next physical.