• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Extended Service Contract

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a MARADMIN or MCO somewhere that states the extended eight year service commitment for a fixed-wing aviator. I need to show proof to my mortgage lender that my current commitment does not end next October. My current command says it will update once I get to the RAG, but I will be closing (hopefully) before I check in. I tried looking on the usmc.mil messages page, but really have no clue as to where it might be published.

Thanks.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
You're the man! Hopefully that will be enough to ensure my loan goes through. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for a document signed in blood stating that I intend to honor this commitment.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a MARADMIN or MCO somewhere that states the extended eight year service commitment for a fixed-wing aviator. I need to show proof to my mortgage lender that my current commitment does not end next October. My current command says it will update once I get to the RAG, but I will be closing (hopefully) before I check in. I tried looking on the usmc.mil messages page, but really have no clue as to where it might be published.

Thanks.

Uh... my orders to SERE/RAG specifically stated in them 8 years from the date of designation. Now Navy may differ from Marine Corps, but orders are orders. Do you not have orders yet?

Casual

Jammin'
None
I had to provide our mortgage company with a letter (on official letterhead) that said I'd be promoted on such and such a date and be paid such and such amount. They're pretty particular these days...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
There should be a statement of understanding in your OQR that states that fact, and it's signed by you.

I could be wrong. It may only be in your flight contract package. Either way, that piece of paper is out there.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Uh... my orders to SERE/RAG specifically stated in them 8 years from the date of designation. Now Navy may differ from Marine Corps, but orders are orders. Do you not have orders yet?

8 years for you?? Kinda sounds like you had the wool pulled over your eyes. Might wanna check again, and put down the beer this time! :D

There should be a statement of understanding in your OQR that states that fact, and it's signed by you.

It's been a while since I've thumbed through that thing. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
8 years for you?? Kinda sounds like you had the wool pulled over your eyes. Might wanna check again, and put down the beer this time! :D

It's been a while since I've thumbed through that thing. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

8 years for for Navy pilots, regardless of airframe.