• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Extend or Reenlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazer9372

I am a FY05 sta-21 pilot selectee and was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me on reenlisting or extending. I’ve heard I could do either. I only have 2.5 years in (5 yr enlistment) and I need a minimum obligation of 6 years prior to execution of my orders. My career counselor doesn’t know what to do. How is this being handled by some of you?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You can reenlist any time under orders. I would reenlist just because they update your central file when you reenlist vice extend. So, when you get your orders just reenlist under those orders. You will reenlist for 6 and it will drop your current enlistment.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
CBPILOT said:
I am a FY05 sta-21 pilot selectee and was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me on reenlisting or extending. I’ve heard I could do either. I only have 2.5 years in (5 yr enlistment) and I need a minimum obligation of 6 years prior to execution of my orders. My career counselor doesn’t know what to do. How is this being handled by some of you?

My husband is reenlisting in a week or so. Something about he had to do it in February or it wouldn't be long enough. Just remember, no SRB.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
We were not allowed to reenlist at NPTU Ballston Spa. We extended, it took about ten minutes at CSD to work out the extension. It's saves the possibility of an erroneous SRB.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
If you don't have more than 2 years left on your current enlistment you can't extend. You can only extend for a maximum of 48 months on any enlistment. If you've been in for a little while and a lot has changed since your last enlistment then it would make more sense to reenlist. They'll update your records. If much hasn't changed and you have more than two years left on your current enlistment then it makes much more sense to just extend.

blazer9372

Thanks for the info. I am going to PSD and tell them to extend me for 48 months so I won't have to go through all the drama of reenlisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.