• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Experiences with Billet / Location Selection?

beezgobuzz

I was at the Marine corps base. It was an awesome experience. Middle of nowhere, lots of hiking and learned how to ski.

They will know your new just based on you not having the golden bee on your uniform. They will test you and observe you when you come in. Do the best you can, volunteer for everything and prove you can be trusted and dependable. I highly suggest being seen by both by enlisted and khaki seabees. Go network, it will help you find who your SMEs are for SCWs. Rank doesn't really matter. They might respect your rank but not necessarily respect you yet. You gotta earn it. I'm at one of the battalions down in Gulfport. I would not recommend going ACBs or phibs.

I'm currently the headquarters company commander which is different from the line company (alfa, bravo and charlie). I have fleet rates mixed in with seabee rates. My current daily routine in homeport is you come in (right now at 0900 due to covid, usually 0630 then PT but none of this due to covid), check email, do taskers for the day (admin stuff like medical hit list, commanders update brief slide, ops sync and etc.), I usually then go and talk to my senior chief and synch up with him (what's new, any problems with the company and what needs to be fixed) then I go around and find someone not busy and do SCWs training, then lunch, then more training.

Currently we have a lot of down time because we just got done with 2 major exercises. We're about to reorg for deployment which means everyone will have different jobs. You usually get a different job everytime you reorg. One for deployment then one for homeport.

Usually when you're in homeport, you just take care of your seabees and lots of training and admin to get your readiness up for deployment. Come deployment then you split up into detachments and do construction around your AOR.

It's cool. I'm more than happy to help. I'm here to elevate you and make you better prepared. Makes mine and everyone else's job easier.
Thanks for your advice. How stressful would you say your day is? It seems like you get a lot done early in the day. What's wrong with ACBs or phibs?

roy359

Thanks for your advice. How stressful would you say your day is? It seems like you get a lot done early in the day. What's wrong with ACBs or phibs?

You're welcome. I've only been here for 1.5 months so I have not experience a full deployment/homeport cycle. Also I have not dealt with bad apples in my company and I came from a ship. I don't think I'll be ever be stressed out after experiencing a light off assessment or insurv inspection in engineering department on a ship. I never saw daylight while I was there. Your experience will be different but just take it slow, ask questions, there will always be there someone willing to help you. Don't try to take on all the burden, you're chief will be there to guide you, just listen to them. Or ask another officer that's done it before. So far it's easy and not really stressful.

From my understanding. ACBs don't have a regular deployment/homeport cycle and you're on a ship on deployment. So not for me.