• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Executive Order - No Texting while driving...

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
If you are driving your POV on your own time off base, you can feel free to kill yourself by texting while driving with no fear of violation of the UCMJ. I'll even certify your SGLI claim and Death Gratuity. I will, however, laugh at your dumb dead ass and make sure that the Safety Center includes highlights of your Line Of Duty Investigation in the next issue of "Darwin Awards".

Agreed. It will be up to the state governments to individually implement laws that cover this exact issue. Until then, sure, go wreck yourself -- I don't care, but it's the other people in the car or the other cars that you plow into that care. When a driver puts others at risk, that's when state governments have to start cracking down.

The federal government is just covering its own territory in the meantime.

... I do enjoy reading Darwin Awards though :)

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Yeah, right. I am still nearly sideswiped on a daily basis by some idiot (woman) driver yakking on her damn phone, driving a big ass SUV, which is FAR beyond her limited driving capability. :icon_rage

I don't see very many people getting pulled over for cell-ing, and nothing has changed in CA.

C'mon Otto, we all know that women can't drive to begin with, so I'm sure it had nothing to do with her being on the phone driving a huge vehicle ;)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
...and as an EMT.

Let 'em do it. Gives us more practice with the tool.

The vast majority of pin jobs we get are high school/college age girls dicking around on their cell phones, single vehicle. Followed closely by males of the same age group driving like assholes.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Or how about the person reading a book while going down the road.

I am always floored when I see that. How could anyone possibly think that is a good idea. not glancing at a printout, or at a map... but a freaking book.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Yeah, right. I am still nearly sideswiped on a daily basis by some idiot (woman) driver yakking on her damn phone, driving a big ass SUV, which is FAR beyond her limited driving capability. :icon_rage

I don't see very many people getting pulled over for cell-ing, and nothing has changed in CA.

Here's my story of that silly useless law. I walk out of SFO and I see a lady driving with her cellphone glued to her ear. She drives right by the Police guy that's waving her into a spot. Enforcement my ass.

Laws are worthless unless they are enforced.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Wow...I'm impressed with the lack of damage. If it was me (toyota corolla), I probably wouldn't be typing.
What you aren't seeing is the bent frame, hood, fenders, grill, grill guard, the complete box and two creases on either side of the back of the cab. Also not figured in is the 10 way power heated leather seat and check engine light. Oh and most likely 4 new tires for the flat spots from skidding from the push.

If I wasn't there the girl ahead of me would most likely no be around today, she was driving a Cobalt.

Her truck was totaled; it was 2002 Chevy 1500, not worth near as much as mine. The hood was about 1 foot from the windshield after the crash.