• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exception to poolicy waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

museic

So basically if you search and look at my past threads you will see that I'm a pretty complicated applicant haha. On a serious note before I go into the situation I'd like to say that I'm absolutly dedicated to joining the Marine Corp and serving my country, and absolutly regret my history that I'm about to go into...but shit happens so here goes:

Basically when I was 17 (currently 21 years old) I had a one time experience with cocaine. Its my understanding that I will need an exception to policy waiver. Was wondering how hard it will be to get, as well as how this would effect my flight physical. On top of this I smoked marijuana for the better half of the year but it's my understanding that weed is not a big deal. This is something that I regret more then words can express but it happened so I'm dealing with it.

Even if I can't fly I'd still to like to join the usmc.

any thoughts.

ps I've got alot of this going for me ie CAP member, high GPA, Civil pilot certs etc.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Your going to get bombed let me just warn you so take cover. There is zero tolerance for drugs in the Marine Corps and so is marijuana. If the police department wont hire applicants that experimented with drugs than the Marine Corps will not either. BUT I do know of very few people that were accepted that "experimented" with marijuana, but there is a limit I believe with how many times the applicant could have tried it. Cocaine is a different factor and not sure if they will consider it.
You need to understand that you are applying against a ton of other applicants that have never experimented with drugs. This organization does not waste it's time with individuals who jeopardized their moral integrity growing up. A lot of us had the courage to simply say "NO". I look down upon that stuff and many others in this organization feel the same way. I can guarantee it.
Good luck.

Reconjoe

Step one, Call an OSO if you're looking into going officer, call a recruiter (1800 Marines) if your thinking enlisted. While I want to say that I think you'll have either no luck or a very very hard time doing it, I'm not qualified to make that call, but that recruiter and that OSO are. Just like the previous poster said though, be prepared for a tough ride because your competing against alot of highly qualified individuals....and given the job market suxs theres no shortage of applicants these days either.

Good luck to you

museic

Dude, coke? Not gonna happen.

And don't lie about it either.

eh i've already contacted my OSO and told him about it. Morally i'm actually a really good person and do better in life then a vast majority of people my age. But I made some bad mistakes when I was under 18, alot of people do.

I'm planning on requesting the waiver in about a month because I'm having surgery on my shoulder on sept 30th so I can get medically qualified lol.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
eh i've already contacted my OSO and told him about it. Morally i'm actually a really good person and do better in life then a vast majority of people my age. But I made some bad mistakes when I was under 18, alot of people do.

I'm planning on requesting the waiver in about a month because I'm having surgery on my shoulder on sept 30th so I can get medically qualified lol.

Write better and don't be presumptuous about other people's morals. That's one place to start.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Can't take it any more. museic, Lonestar, and Reconjoe: please read this page.
cover.jpg
(link)

This is especially applicable to the OP, as he will want to make a good impression on the OSO. Also, it's Marine Corps. Marines don't like it when you goon that up.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Dude, coke? Not gonna happen.

And don't lie about it either.

My running mate on one of my middie cruises had a vast drug history to include coke, PCP, hallucinogens........and he held a TS/SCI. I agree that it is a big black eye on an application, but never say never. Notably he didn't lie about it

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
My running mate on one of my middie cruises had a vast drug history to include coke, PCP, hallucinogens........and he held a TS/SCI. I agree that it is a big black eye on an application, but never say never. Notably he didn't lie about it

Dude, sorry man but I think I need to call bs on that. Someone had to be lying somewhere.

museic

Write better and don't be presumptuous about other people's morals. That's one place to start.

I wasnt being presumptuous about other peoples morals, I was saying mine are in order and I'm actually doing something with my life as opposed to alot of people who are stuck in limbo...sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.