• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Everett Apartments

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
So I'm searching searching searching online for where to live while stationed in Everett.

I scheduled in 1 day while traveling back from Japan to visit apartments, but that means I need to have a list of places to go with appointments. Any thoughts?

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
You can't really go wrong in the booming metropolis that is Everett, Washington (I grew up there).

/sarcasm

My only advice would be to steer clear of Everett altogether and check out Mukilteo or Mill Creek instead.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Second that. You're a fool if you don't at least check out Ballard/North Seattle. ;)

Absolutely, the commute may end up sucking for you though. I'm currently in Ballard and the bar scene down here is awesome.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely, the commute may end up sucking for you though. I'm currently in Ballard and the bar scene down here is awesome.
Ocho is among my favorite places to hang. I do miss it so. If I were to work in Everett, I'd live in Ballard or Fremont.

P3 F0

None
I'm in Edmonds, which is between Ballard/Fremont and Everett. Commute is 30 minutes for me, probably 40-45 from Ballard. On the way home you're looking at a good 45-50 minutes in traffic. Fremont/Ballard is a great area and probably worth the drive if that's what's important to you--you won't find that kind of atmosphere anywhere to the north. I agree about avoiding Everett. There was no way I was taking my family there, or Marysville.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alternately, if she's more interested in country living, some of the little villages down along Hwy 2 might be a good fit. Even stuff down toward Woodinville. Of course, once you get out into the hinterlands, you've got to watch out for the Pacific NW Mutants, as they tend to congregate in those areas.
800px-Musicians_performing_at_Pike_.gif

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Woodinville is a great area, but it starts getting expensive on the Eastside. Same with Redmond, etc. The Greenlake area is a good place to live, and you're close enough to everything else. You really can't go wrong in this area, but some are better than others (I agree on the avoiding Everett though, focus your search efforts south). Edmonds is also really nice, especially on the water but again it's pricey.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Second that. You're a fool if you don't at least check out Ballard/North Seattle. ;)

Are you calling me a fool Mr. 327??

I'm looking, but it's tough doing purely internet searches. I'm not at all into the bar scene - so a 50 minute commute for that is definitely out of the question.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm in Edmonds, which is between Ballard/Fremont and Everett. Commute is 30 minutes for me, probably 40-45 from Ballard. On the way home you're looking at a good 45-50 minutes in traffic. Fremont/Ballard is a great area and probably worth the drive if that's what's important to you--you won't find that kind of atmosphere anywhere to the north. I agree about avoiding Everett. There was no way I was taking my family there, or Marysville.

Can you list off any specific apartment complexes in that area?

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Woodinville is a great area, but it starts getting expensive on the Eastside. Same with Redmond, etc. The Greenlake area is a good place to live, and you're close enough to everything else. You really can't go wrong in this area, but some are better than others (I agree on the avoiding Everett though, focus your search efforts south). Edmonds is also really nice, especially on the water but again it's pricey.

Specific places in the Green Lake area??

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
So why is Everett SO horrible? And yes, this is a serious question. Is it the people? Nothing to do? No night life? Shitty places to live?

Help a girl out with some details! :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you calling me a fool Mr. 327??

I'm looking, but it's tough doing purely internet searches. I'm not at all into the bar scene - so a 50 minute commute for that is definitely out of the question.
Yes, if you don't look in Seattle. ;) Living in the city isn't about proximity to bars, it's about being in the city and all the things there are to do there. If city life doesn't appeal to you, then maybe it's not for you, and then that would make you a fool, I guess. ;)

I haven't lived in Everett, so I'll leave that to others. It's just a shithole. Also, why limit yourself to an apartment? I'm sure there are plenty of great houses to live in. Even if you're gone a lot, a house is just so much nicer and you'll feel like less of a transient.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yes, if you don't look in Seattle. ;) Living in the city isn't about proximity to bars, it's about being in the city and all the things there are to do there. If city life doesn't appeal to you, then maybe it's not for you, and then that would make you a fool, I guess. ;)

I haven't lived in Everett, so I'll leave that to others. It's just a shithole. Also, why limit yourself to an apartment? I'm sure there are plenty of great houses to live in. Even if you're gone a lot, a house is just so much nicer and you'll feel like less of a transient.

Ahhhh... how I've missed the sarcasm :D

I get the city life thing - but I'm having a bit of a tough time finding something halfway big for $1400-1600 that's nice. I don't have the big O-4 money and don't want to spend WAY over BAH if I'm going to be gone half the time I'm there. ;) A house would be fine - but who takes care of it when I'm gone? And I'm having a hard enough time narrowing down apartments, much less adding houses to the mix (unless you have something specific in mind)

How does everyone feel about Lynnwood or Kenmore?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'd stay away from Kenmore and Lynnwood has some ok spots, but I'd look at them first. They're just not as nice areas and some parts do get kind of sketch if you're not careful. If you want closer, Mill Creek is a good place to look and the Edmonds water front is nice.