• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

European Cup 2004? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
Hi,

Like many, I live in glorious Pensacola. I am a soccer fanatic and have been dying for the European Cup to start. Little did I know that they wouldn't be showing ANY games anyWHERE!!

I've called all the bars, I even went to Damon's and started arguing with the manager because he COULD have paid for the rights, but didn't think there would be enough interest.

Can anyone tell me where to catch the games? Anyone??? :(

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I might be the only other big soccer fan in this forum, so maybe I can help.

I don't think you're going to be able to pick up many Eurocup matches at home, though I think a few of the matches are going to be on Univision and Fox Sports World.

I'd suggest finding some "ethnic" bars or pubs if you want to try and catch a game on pay per view. Or go buy an illegal descrambling cable box device.

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
Thanks for the advice.

I have FS World, but I haven't seen any freakin games yet. I had to pay $20 to watch the England V France game, but it was well worth it. Does anyone know where I could find these bars? I've called almost every Irish Pub in town. It is so sad.

Try some 'hispanic' bars. You're guaranteed an old fashioned soccer riot in one of those places. I live 70 miles from the border, and man, the craziness when the US beat Mexico a few years ago. Hell, there was craziness when Germany beat the US.

Navy102

I live in Denmark (the soccer nation :)), and as all Danes I am a HUGE soccerfan! Things have been crazy here, since the fantastic opening match we played against Italy, and I really think we can make it to the finals, maybe even win...!

I hope you find some games somewhere, otherwise just PM me, and I'll give you a review. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.