• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
UKR is reporting they sunk two RUS amphib landing ships via naval drones. Looks like they were in port. This has to be at least the 4th time they've been hit by these drones while in port. I don't know a whole lot about ship force protection while in port, but it doesn't appear the Ruskies are very good at it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It appears a Serna-class is basically a glorified LCU. So good on 'em, but not as big of a hit as Slava, the Kilo, or the two or three big amphibs they've whacked.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for pointing that out @nittany03 . I believe that bc of UKR's capabilities to hit Sevastopol via various means, RUS has pulled higher value naval assets further away to bases in the Sea of Azov. Similar things are happening with their airfields, as UKR receives more long-range fires capabilities.

Hope to see more videos like this in the future though.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
This article was written about a year and a half ago about the USMC's shift in how they man, train, and equip for future conflicts (and the criticism Gen Berger was getting from many retired generals).

Curious to hear thoughts on, after observing what's happened in UKR since the article's publication and now, has the Marine Corps shift been validated, or is it still unknown? I've been out since this transition was implemented, so genuinely curious on opinions.

IMO, there seems to be a very good case for the transition, but what do I know.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It appears a Serna-class is basically a glorified LCU. So good on 'em, but not as big of a hit as Slava, the Kilo, or the two or three big amphibs they've whacked.
Might be all that’s left.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This article was written about a year and a half ago about the USMC's shift in how they man, train, and equip for future conflicts (and the criticism Gen Berger was getting from many retired generals).

Curious to hear thoughts on, after observing what's happened in UKR since the article's publication and now, has the Marine Corps shift been validated, or is it still unknown? I've been out since this transition was implemented, so genuinely curious on opinions.

IMO, there seems to be a very good case for the transition, but what do I know.
To start with, Happy Veteran’s Day to you all. Here’s hoping that the British vets get to carry their Union Jacks at the Remembrance Day event (set to be overwhelmed by a Million Man Pro-Palestine protest)
Now, to the Corps. I admit that I have some radical ideas about overhauling the military entirely, but I think this current reorganization is necessary and smart. The Army has plenty of Joe’s who can drive tanks and hold the line…we need a strike force that can deal serious damage to an enemy and slip away. During my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan I’d say the only difference between the Marines and the army was that the Marines were typically more aggressive - in everything including happy-fun-time civil affairs stuff - but not really different. We have to accept that some things are relegated to the past like sword fights in battle, horse cavalry, and striking armed positions by direct amphibious and/or airborne assault. Sure, sure, the Marines can and should strike from the sea, but in a smarter way - this reorganization does just that and ensures the Marines aren’t just another three or four army infantry divisions.

Last edited:

GroundPounder

To start with, Happy Veteran’s Day to you all. Here’s hoping that the British vets get to carry their Union Jacks at the Remembrance Day event (set to be overwhelmed by a Million Man Pro-Palestine protest)
Now, to the Corps. I admit that I have some radical ideas about overhauling the military entirely, but I think this current reorganization is necessary and smart. The Army has plenty of Joe’s who can drive tanks and hold the line…we need a strike force that can deal serious damage to an enemy and slip away. During my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan I’d say the only difference between the Marines and the army was that the Marines were typically more aggressive - in everything including happy-fun-time civil affairs stuff - but not really different. We have to accept that some things are relegated to the past like sword fights in battle, horse cavalry, and striking armed positions by direct amphibious and/or airborne assault. Sure, sure, the Marines can and should strike from the sea, but in a smarter way - this reorganization does just that and ensures the Marines aren’t just another three or four army infantry divisions.
Not going to be a very popular opinion, but the West is going to tolerate ourselves out of existence.

When you bring there here, here becomes there.

The issue is not people from other places, the issue is with those that come to the West with no intentions of doing anything other than what they did back home.

We do it here as well. People that flee high taxes and big government, in many cases institute it where they went to.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting joint report breaking from The Washington Post and Der Spiegel today concerning the destruction of the Nordstream pipelines.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting joint report breaking from The Washington Post and Der Spiegel today concerning the destruction of the Nordstream pipelines.

How this affects Europe long term remains to be seen, but losing feedstocks for their petrochemical industries as well as lower cost electricity does not bode well.

From The Atlantic today: