• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is tangential, but curating a bunch of Twitter links (or X, whatever...) is not what I would consider quality reporting. The lines between "news" and social media continue to be blurred by publications like The Drive.

I agree but I couldn't find the good pics from more credible sources after a quick search, figured the pics speak for themselves.

taxi1

pilot
I often wonder about the technology and effort used to put these weapons on target, versus the pretty darn effective tactics of some of our opponents of finding persons willing to martyr themselves and giving them an explosived-up object to strike with.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, open source claim that Ukraine destroyed an SA-20 or 21 site in Crimea with an apparent step up of strikes over that past couple of days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66805897.amp
Keep that IADS rollback rolling!

Also, why the hell do the media and internet insist on using the ridiculous confusing Russian designations when there’s a much more logical NATO system available? Can you not just call something an SA-XX instead of insisting it’s the 9Zh69WTFBBQ?

Duc'-guy25

pilot

Also, why the hell do the media and internet insist on using the ridiculous confusing Russian designations when there’s a much more logical NATO system available? Can you not just call something an SA-XX instead of insisting it’s the 9Zh69WTFBBQ?

It’s what’s in the brochure

Mirage

pilot
Hmmm. Insane conspiracy theories; good thing we don’t have people espousing that shit here.
Good thing. We definitely don't have people who ignore the obvious and apply absolutely zero reason to their own thinking in Ukraine.

Don't believe the hype about Ukraine continuing to win. Russia has them right where they want them. I've been assured they are still ultra powerful, and could overwhelm Germany tomorrow if they wanted.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Good thing. We definitely don't have people who ignore the obvious and apply absolutely zero reason to their own thinking in Ukraine.

Don't believe the hype about Ukraine continuing to win. Russia has them right where they want them. I've been assured they are still ultra powerful, and could overwhelm Germany tomorrow if they wanted.
I'm fairly sure the Baltic states could cobble together a battalion of Eagle Scouts and do a cannonball run on Moscow within 24 hrs. ?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor

Exactly. I spent years knowing these systems as an SA-whatever. Now, the media reports on incidents with terms that are Greek to me, like when the Russians downed a civilian airliner with a Buk missile? Or they took down something with an Igla-2...

It definitely gets Wikipedia more views from me.