• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Don't even get me started on all the cute words we have derived from business culture. Know what makes me want to blow my brains out? The word "ask", in its present popular usage.
I see you are a “digital age thought leader.” (and yes I agree. Not long ago I was asked about my OKR’s and I just pretended not to hear the question.)

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Notice a good deal of EU/NATO social media posts highlighting inter-euro coperation and exercises. Example here with Netherlands and Germany.

Man I bet their exercise debriefs are epic with the quality of beer available!

Notice that the training rifles are a M16 varient plastic/non-functioning weapon but blank firing drills are with issue G36. Hard charging, fit dudes. They impress!!!

Wonder why only 1 guys face was blurred in the second video. @ the 2:05 mark.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put on K.P.
Exactly.

BigRed389

None

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To the best of my knowledge. As far as I know.

I would kick sailors out of maintenance control for those two statements.?
How would you feel if I tossed out a “Inasmuch as”?
"At this time" and "currently" make me want to strangle people.
Irregardless . . . it's pretty fucking cool to have the chance to deliver ordnance signed not with a "Fuck You" from Airman Snuffy, but your own damn President.

And yeah, that's a tryzub with an Eiffel Tower on it.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure if this is on purpose or not on your part,, but just in case, irregardless isn't actually a word.
Are you sure of that?

Is irregardless a word?
Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning. That is why we, and well-nigh every other dictionary of modern English, define this word. Remember that a definition is not an endorsement of a word’s use.

Does irregardless mean the same thing as regardless?
Yes. We define irregardless as "regardless." Many people find irregardless to be a nonsensical word, as the ir- prefix usually functions to indicate negation; however, in this case it appears to function as an intensifier. Similar ir- words, while rare, do exist in English, including irremediless ("remediless"), irresistless ("resistless") and irrelentlessly ("relentlessly").

Is irregardless slang?
We label irregardless as “nonstandard” rather than “slang.” When a word is nonstandard it means it is “not conforming in pronunciation, grammatical construction, idiom, or word choice to the usage generally characteristic of educated native speakers of a language.” Irregardless is a long way from winning general acceptance as a standard English word. For that reason, it is best to use regardless instead.