• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don’t think Putin survives this humiliation, no matter the outcome. Not sure where to put my money, but I hope they protect the nukes.
I'm pretty sure we know the hour by hour location of everyone in their NCA who has release authority/capability - and we have the ability to target them personally, and nearly instantly ("like the snows of yesteryear, gone from this earth.") That should be be sufficient deterrent for people to behave themselves even in the most dire of political crises.

Mirage

pilot
I'm pretty sure we know the hour by hour location of everyone in their NCA who has release authority/capability - and we have the ability to target them personally, and nearly instantly ("like the snows of yesteryear, gone from this earth.") That should be be sufficient deterrent for people to behave themselves even in the most dire of political crises.
Uhhhh...what? This is wild ?

Think you've seen too many Bond and Bourne movies.

Random8145

Nuclear missiles require constant maintenance so if they've been maintained as badly as the Russian military, many or most of them may not even be in working condition.

I do wonder why Putin gave Prigozhin so much power, I mean this is like Dictatorship 101 here. For similar reasons I've thought Xi's becoming dictator in China will weaken the Chinese military as for his own security he will need to have generals in power based on loyalty more than merit.

Random8145

Let’s see what Wagner has to sustain this advance beyond ”wooo! Road trip!”
Anne Applebaum wrote in her article in The Atlantic today ("Russia Slides Into Civil War") that open-source intelligence blogger Christo Grozef has been arguing for months that Wagner was preparing a coup. If he was right and this isn't just a spontaneous act on Prigozhin's part, then the Wagner group likely does have a plan on what to do. It also would mean a massive intelligence fail on the part of the Russian intelligence services if the evidence was there and they missed it. But Putin has so isolated himself for years that the intelligence services also may have known but been afraid to say anything.

EDIT: Well looks like it's over coup-wise, Prigozhin apparently backing down, saying he achieved his goal. Politically, I don't know how Putin survives this though.

Last edited:

croakerfish

pilot
That seems like extremely wishful thinking to me.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Our government had no idea A1C Texeira was leaking TS to a gamer chat server for four months.

It has no idea how many retired FOGOs are getting paid a lot of money to advise foreign entities.

It pays $12000 for those AH-64 valves and no idea how much more for whatever other stupid parts.

It pretty much only knows who is delinquent on their dental screening. There will probably be no clean sweep of nuclear trigger pullers.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It pretty much only knows who is delinquent on their dental screening.
It most certainly does NOT know that. Source: me, who is Class 1, and still had to re-forward the email with the form I sent to the NRC months ago so I could get my short-fused orders off hard hold.

It's always entertaining to re-submit a form by just scrolling down and forwarding the email you'd sent months ago TO THE SAME DAMN PERSON.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
It most certainly does NOT know that. Source: me, who is Class 1, and still had to re-forward the email with the form I sent to the NRC months ago so I could get my short-fused orders off hard hold.

It's always entertaining to re-submit a form by just scrolling down and forwarding the email you'd sent months ago TO THE SAME DAMN PERSON.
As a TAR, I forgot about the other reservists because that’s what we do.