• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Mirage

pilot
That there are good reasons to broadcast ADS-B in this scenario.
Listen everyone who has a brain can see you simply made a mistake in saying they had to squawk in a foreign country when they're in the Black Sea. It's not a big deal to admit it. That would make you a better person, not worse. Nobody is perfect.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that we've gotten that slapfight out of our systems . . . on V-E Day, President Zelensky made a speech for the ages. Well worth 15 minutes of your time. Also, I note that he released this on May 8th, and not May 9th, for those who remember the history behind V-E Day vs. Victory Day in Russia.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wasnt trying to "get you" . Was trying to offer some advice.
Oh, thank you for that. Since you brought it up, I think some congratulations are in order here for the manner in which you perfectly captured the essence of the subject, which is to say, the non-squawkers over the Black Sea, and how they can pretty much do whatever they want. Your bold assertion, absent any real word experience in planning air operations, is particularly compelling. That you would assert, again, without any experience whatsoever, that those in the EUCOM AOC are derelict in their duties by having unmanned ISR broadcast ADS-B over the Black Sea shows the kind of bold, out of the box thinking that will serve you well in you future endeavors. Congratulations, once again, on a job extremely well done.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Whelp, Nittany, good on you for trying to get things back on track here. Admins that aren’t Brett, possible to get Brett and Mirage a room?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Now that we've gotten that slapfight out of our systems . . . on V-E Day, President Zelensky made a speech for the ages. Well worth 15 minutes of your time. Also, I note that he released this on May 8th, and not May 9th, for those who remember the history behind V-E Day vs. Victory Day in Russia.

Exceptionally well done. Zelensky likely has the best messaging team out there today.

Mirage

pilot
Oh, thank you for that. Since you brought it up, I think some congratulations are in order here for the manner in which you perfectly captured the essence of the subject, which is to say, the non-squawkers over the Black Sea, and how they can pretty much do whatever they want. Your bold assertion, absent any real word experience in planning air operations, is particularly compelling. That you would assert, again, without any experience whatsoever, that those in the EUCOM AOC are derelict in their duties by having unmanned ISR broadcast ADS-B over the Black Sea shows the kind of bold, out of the box thinking that will serve you well in you future endeavors. Congratulations, once again, on a job extremely well done.
"They may or may not squawk in international airspace" is not the same as "they must not squawk in international airspace". I said the first, not the latter, but I'm sure you know that.

Sorry for wasting other people's time with this stupidity. This guy goes around like a school yard bully and I have a hard time not standing up to his BS, but I'll try harder.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"They may or may not squawk in international airspace" is not the same as "they must not squawk in international airspace". I said the first, not the latter, but I'm sure you know that.

Sorry for wasting other people's time with this stupidity. This guy goes around like a school yard bully and I have a hard time not standing up to his BS, but I'll try harder.
If you have a beef with another member of AirWarriors, take it to PM instead of having a measuring contest in public. @Mirage & @Brett327

1652121447094.png

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyways....some pretty good footage of Ukrainian attacks on Snake Island and the surrounding sea. Not only is it a pretty symbolic place to both sides now but the Ukrainians are turning it into a drain on Russian forces.

Some pretty impressive flying by the Ukrainian Flanker pilots.

Destroying a Russian Hip offloading troops on the island:

Hitting more patrol craft (that have what I am sure is just a coincidental resemblance to the Swedish CB90's we use):

And a landing craft apparently carrying an SA-15: