• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well POTUS just stated on live TV that war with Russia must end before Ukraine will be considered for NATO membership... an interesting wrinkle.

Random8145

Well POTUS just stated on live TV that war with Russia must end before Ukraine will be considered for NATO membership... an interesting wrinkle.
Well I suppose that's a necessity, otherwise Russia would then be at war with NATO, and that's a huge can of worms to open.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

What’s surprising about that to you, Chuck? My understanding is that adding Ukraine to NATO now would effectively put NATO at war with Russia, escalating things on our end beyond the current proxy war. Ukraine not being in NATO allows the West to maintain more flexibility of response options.

I didn’t expect the US (or NATO) to do any differently.

ChuckMK23

pilot
What’s surprising about that to you, Chuck?
Not surprising per se - but that the messaging was so distinctly articulated on the Sunday news show media stage. It seems to 1. Give RUS an incentive for continuing the war and of course 2. UKR for ending it.

I hope dearly that Sweden membership is accelerated.

Imagine a world where Russia was defeated squarely, Putin and his gang meet their maker, the vast food and energy resources of Russia are available to world markets again, and the Russian people pursue the path of Norway - the most well governed society in the history of mankind (my opinion). Giving the world headroom to really go after global electrification of society and not digging carbon from the ground.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Imagine a world where Russia was defeated squarely, Putin and his gang meet their maker, the vast food and energy resources of Russia are available to world markets again, and the Russian people pursue the path of Norway - the most well governed society in the history of mankind (my opinion). Giving the world headroom to really go after global electrification of society and not digging carbon from the ground.
And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
Are you advocating for unlimited war against the Putin regime followed by a lengthy occupation to ensure the stability and success of whatever comes next?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WTF? Alright, which one of you jokers gave Chuck the psilocybin?

ChuckMK23

pilot
WTF? Alright, which one of you jokers gave Chuck the psilocybin?
Brett - as a potential Flag officer and a career Naval Officer - do you not have your own ideals that govern your belief system = do you have a vision of how the world "ought to be" and use that to guide your thinking and clarity?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett - as a potential Flag officer and a career Naval Officer - do you not have your own ideals that govern your belief system = do you have a vision of how the world "ought to be" and use that to guide your thinking and clarity?
Yes, Chuck. It’s based in reality though.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
do you not have your own ideals that govern your belief system = do you have a vision of how the world "ought to be" and use that to guide your thinking and clarity?
It helps, when moving towards “what ought to be,” to not put a major nuclear power in a position where it’s doctrinally said that it might let the nukes fly. And Russia is on public record saying “threats to the existence of the Russian state” or words to that effect are one of those things.