• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Kissinger offer an interesting perspective based on WWI and what happened afterwards.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
and looking back at the Pacific in the same vein: Adm Sweeney displays standard Big Navy tunnel vision. The AF is going to own Pacific theatre with Navy playing JV at this rate.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
and looking back at the Pacific in the same vein: Adm Sweeney displays standard Big Navy tunnel vision. The AF is going to own Pacific theatre with Navy playing JV at this rate.

Lawl

I don't think that the AF will be relevant in any peer or near peer conflict without some significant overhauls. The service culture has atrophied from 70 years of technological tactical air superiority.

(Not including the strategic bomber mission).

taxi1

pilot

robav8r

None
Contributor
Serious question for the group: what do you think the future holds for manned, surface (CSG) & airborne (All platforms) in the context of a conflict with the PRC in a Taiwan scenario? Lots of arguments and support for space-based, unmanned (air & surface) assets, and Cyber platforms. But do we really think that manned platforms going forward are worth the risk?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Serious question for the group: what do you think the future holds for manned, surface (CSG) & airborne (All platforms) in the context of a conflict with the PRC in a Taiwan scenario? Lots of arguments and support for space-based, unmanned (air & surface) assets, and Cyber platforms. But do we really think that manned platforms going forward are worth the risk?
Depends on the mission.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I can tell you Big AF is pivoting away from RPA - which surprised me. After the Global Hawk shoot down by Iran in 2019. Also to get an RPA in theatre apparently takes months and months of planning and approvals - 6 months is a normal timeline I heard. Optionally Manned is the new buzz, a la B-21. The lost link numbers are surprising.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can tell you Big AF is pivoting away from RPA - which surprised me. After the Global Hawk shoot down by Iran in 2019. Also to get an RPA in theatre apparently takes months and months of planning and approvals - 6 months is a normal timeline I heard. Optionally Manned is the new buzz, a la B-21. The lost link numbers are surprising.
None of this post makes sense, Chuck. Who is feeding you this garbage?