• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Essential" deployment gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is the whole point, you never could "recollect" after my BBQs, you were usually crashing in my computer den on the fold out. Punk...

boobcheese

Webmaster has pretty much got life on a fast attack pegged. Sodas, cigs and dip are gold, especially when trying to get qual'ed. Only a few things I would add. A new pillow is nice unless you like using one that smells like ass and has stains all over it(just drool if your lucky). Also I always brought a box or two of fabric softener sheets. I would put them under my sheets, inside my pillow case, in my bedpan and just about any other place I could think of to try to ward off(at least a little bit) the general funk of the boat. As far as luxury items go perhaps a palm pilot with a couple of games on it would be nice while waiting on the mess decks in between training sessions and drill sets. As for items like laptops, playstations, dvd players, etc. I wouldn't waste the money or the precious little space you have untill you are qualified.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
Ahhh...the memories. I have poopie suits that still smell like amine and I have been off subs for over a year and a half now. This is by far the most accurate thread on this whole site. A little advice for all of the NUBs out there-officer or enlisted-get your dolphins as fast as you can. Don't be the non-qual guy who gets caught sleeping or watching movies all the time. It can get painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.