• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Erau_db Nrotc

erau_midn2012

is SAFETY BOY!
I'm going to be starting NROTC at Embry Riddle in the fall and was wondering about what life there is like as a MIDN compared to regular freshmen life.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Riddle kids are nerds.

Other than that...yeah, there'll be less drinking and womanizing for you, but don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to make up for that later.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I just met a Riddle Middie today....no girls there, sorry.

I think he mentioned something like 5:1 odds....yikes.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I am a Riddle grad and it's not all that bad. The ratio does suck on campus but it is counteracted by what is available out in town - especially during the event weeks (speedweeks, bike weeks, spring break, etc.). Life as a MIDN is not all that bad either. You will wear your uniform once a week and take an extra class every semester. There are a lot of battalion extra curricular activities, most of which include planning and executing of events. They will help your officership in many facets after you get commissioned and get out there, so I recommend it. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
So I take it you have...you know...actually...talked to a girl.:D....looks like that girl became your wife, congrats.

Ok ya got me, so the first girl I came across I married - that should explain how sparse it is down there. ;)

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
I'll take sparse Floridians over a plethora of Utah girls.... although... after Cap'n Fun's I might eat my words.

erau_midn2012

is SAFETY BOY!
Yea, I knew about the ratio. I wouldn't say nerds though, but more freakishly obsessed. How do you API guys like Pensacola? Pretty much a big yawn right!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Tell that to the kids that got attrited. Focus on getting commissioned before deciding that API is "a big yawn", you might end up in their shoes one day.

HD, I think he might have been referring to the town, not API! But if he was referring to the sylabus....get commissioned and designated as an SNA....then we'll talk.

Pensacola is an OK town, though. I'm originally a Midwesterner and didn't like the South/Pcola at first. Now I'm in SOCAL and realize how much I did like Pensacola (not the social atmosphere, but the pace of life in general). Take it for what it's worth, seems to be a love-hate relationship.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
HD, I think he might have been referring to the town, not API! But if he was referring to the sylabus....get commissioned and designated as an SNA....then we'll talk.

Pensacola is an OK town, though. I'm originally a Midwesterner and didn't like the South/Pcola at first. Now I'm in SOCAL and realize how much I did like Pensacola (not the social atmosphere, but the pace of life in general). Take it for what it's worth, seems to be a love-hate relationship.

Are you NUTS?? Can we switch places? Or at the very least, can you work your voodoo magic and get me HSC West when the time comes? :D