• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EOD/SpecOps Officer

sarnav

Does anyone have any good info on this program. I searched this site and have googled it but not much luck.
What I do know: OCS-Basic Dive Officer-18 Months on a ship to get SWO Pin-EOD School-Mobile Det.
I may be wrong so please correct me. I am mainly looking for what makes a competitive package. Do you need to be an enlisted tech? How many slots a year, when the board meets. Any info is greatly appreciated.
V/r
SARNAV

sarnav

Nothing like a high school kid talking trash, little hint for if and when you get your commision: You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth-use them in that order. To those who gave a real response thanks. I tried the EOD.mil site, but I was looking more along the initial stats for a potential Tech.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You might try looking on www.usnavyocs.com they have a section for spec ops. I saw some stats from some guys who just got OCS with SEAL designations, and it was amazing. Tom Clancy couldn't have created much better candidates. I think one thing rings true with all programs though and that is persistance. I know that at the academy a lot more emphasis was put on interviews and what the community thought of you for the spec war/spec ops slots. Hope the link helps.

twidget

Deskaholic
xmid said:
I saw some stats from some guys who just got OCS with SEAL designations, and it was amazing.
The lone SEAL candidate in our class had a physics degree from Harvard, had trained for 2 years, could do 150+ p/u & s/u, run the 1.5 in around 7.5 min, and did 40+ pull-ups. Yes, he made it through BUDS.
You might try looking on www.usnavyocs.com
Yeah, there's been a lot of discussion about the community, but the site's down at the moment.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sarnav said:
Nothing like a high school kid talking trash, little hint for if and when you get your commision: You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth-use them in that order. To those who gave a real response thanks. I tried the EOD.mil site, but I was looking more along the initial stats for a potential Tech.
There are a couple EOD officers (both priors) that I work with up at USD. PM me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with them.

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SPEC/OPS EOD numbers

For FY 06 the Navy has goaled for two (2), that is right TWO :eek: , SECPOPS EDO/Dive guys for the entire year. Shouldn't have to say anything more wrt competativeness.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
For FY 06 the Navy has goaled for two (2), that is right TWO :eek: , SECPOPS EDO/Dive guys for the entire year. Shouldn't have to say anything more wrt competativeness.
Where do you get this stuff? Seriously. Could you PM me with the info if you don't want to post it here?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:

To clarify, that is two candidates through the OCS comssissioning source, guys off the street. The Navy will take in other SPECOPS/EOD guys through the USNA and ROTC. In addition, the dive/EOD community has a fair number of LDO types.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Where do you get this stuff? Seriously. Could you PM me with the info if you don't want to post it here?

In the interest of gouge integrity, I should say that as a reserve duty I support a NRD. All the numbers I provide on AW come from CNRC and are available to any recruiter. An applicant can ask for the same info from his recruiter. His recruiter may or may not want to take the time to look it up and pass it on. My advice is based on over 8 years in the recruiting field, active and reserve. Said advice is tempered by the fact that I am not in the office daily and sometimes miss the latest changes. That is rare ;) , and I suspect I am 90+% bum gouge free when addressing application strategies and quota numbers.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of the info you provide. I just want the source. :D