• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ensignmobile

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
just a random question for all of you that have been there; what were your ensign/ 2/LT mobiles? Starting to think ahead about what I might get, as my current college ride is slowly dying. Price being a big question, what do you all think is reasonable on a JO's budget? (Don't really want to be scraping by, but I'd like to get something nice)

phrogpilot73

MIDNJAC said:
just a random question for all of you that have been there; what were your ensign/ 2/LT mobiles? Starting to think ahead about what I might get, as my current college ride is slowly dying. Price being a big question, what do you all think is reasonable on a JO's budget? (Don't really want to be scraping by, but I'd like to get something nice)
I drove my college ride until I got to my permanent duty station, then I bought an '02 Nissan Xterra. Wait until you're a single Capt making flight pay (at the 6 years of flying mark), and you'll find yourself in a fully loaded SUV with heated leather seats, dual zone climate control, and a car payment that's more than your mortgage!

I can't afford a wife... ;)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Jeeps are great... durable, inexpensive to own... and you HAVE to get the cheap gas... (Jeeps are designed to run on it)

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Went to AOCS in 1990 with a 1988 (I think) Dodge Shadow ES (loved the turbo). After I got commissioned, bought a 1977 Vette. Didn't know what I was getting into. Traded that in in 3 months for a new 1991 Beretta GTZ with the Quad 4 (loved to rev).

I consider my true ensignmobile to be the 1975 Corvette Convertible I got in 1993 while still a LTjg. Daily driver for over 10 years, now a toy. Lot of love and $$ to get it where it is today.

Year ago:
9116project2-med.jpg

Now:
9116IMGP0262-med.JPG

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
Oops! Now EVERYONE will know about your gay customized license plate, not just the people in Whidbey. :D

Brett

BTW, B!tchin' primer, Meat!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Have an '01 Taurus. Got it as a year old lease turn in going into jr year- It had already taken the biggest price drop due to depreciation (bringing it into my range) and I still got 2yrs of warrenty out of it.

I almost bought a new Eddie Bauer Explorer going into second semester sr year, because i wanted something bigger to make moving around easier but i decided against it because I couldn't bring myself to that big of a payment on something that was just going to depreciate when there was nothing wrong with the vehicle I already had... So, i decided to invest in realestate and wait until my first fleet duty station to get new wheels.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Don't buy a cheap car, then the 19 year old Lance Corporal coming back from Iraq w/ the brand new Mustang/BMW/Vette/F150 will show you up. :)

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Im thinking about getting a 2-3 year old jeep grand cherokee this upcoming spring. Anybody have any tips/advice getting a loan from navy federal? (I just switched over from my local bank this past summer)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
mules...in order to get a loan from NFCU, you need to ask them for one. I think they're pretty liberal with their lending.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Mine is going to be a '93 Cadillac Eldorado, or, if I can afford it before then, a friend's '96, same make and model.

My Lieutenantmobile will be, mark my words, a 1998-2004 Corvette Z06, black with a black drop top. There will be no doubt about this. It is written in a stone that I chiseled in my backyard.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
metro said:
My Lieutenantmobile will be, mark my words, a 1998-2004 Corvette Z06, black with a black drop top. There will be no doubt about this. It is written in a stone that I chiseled in my backyard.

That will be very hard since Z06's only come in FHC (fixed head coupe) version. No convertible, no removable targa top for the Z06. Increased stiffness is the name of the game.