• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlsited Uniform and Checking In

druskin11

According to the offical site it says to bring your uniform items if you were prior enlisted, has anyone not brought thier uniforms going from enlisted to OCS and are there implications if you don't?? And what items are you acutally going to keep with you when you check in not including uniform, do they tell you to stash the stuff somewhere else? Going through enlisted bootcamp they boxed up your civilian items and sent them home, how does the process work in OCS. Thanks.

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
You will not need your enlisted uniforms. I don't know why the website says to bring them, because you are given everything you will need and anything extra is a burden to your limited space (especially getting ready for an inspection)

The only thing you will need to bring is a set of ribbons, large medals, mini medals, and any breast insignia you might rate. If you need the ribbons or medals mounted the NEX will do it.

My best advice is to bring a COUPLE good sets of running shoes and a blanket so you don't have to sleep under your sheets.

Good luck!

twidget

Deskaholic
I'm pretty sure the only reason to bring your full sea-bag is if you fail out, DOR, or are physically unable to complete the training. In this case, you will have to wear them while waiting to return to the fleet. I saw one person like that while I was there. OCS is not that hard. Unless you get permanently broke, you will not need them.

druskin11

Thanks Twidget, so they dont check to see if you have any of them when you arrive? I'm asking to make sure there are no remifications to not bringing them.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why not just follow the rules on the Official website? Not trying to be a jerk, just curious about what makes this such a burden?

twidget

Deskaholic
HooverPilot said:
Why not just follow the rules on the Official website? Not trying to be a jerk, just curious about what makes this such a burden?

For me it came down to not wanting to cram 2 extra sea-bags full of stuff into my Jetta to bring to OCS if they weren't necessary. I simply wrote an email to my mentor (Class Officer) and was told not to worry about it.

Disclaimer for candidates: Don't leave your uniforms at home based on what you read on a forum from someone that went to OCS almost 2 years ago. Find out for yourself through the correct channels (OTCP).

druskin11

Its not that its a burden, the only reason for my curiosity is because some shipmates of mine would like some of my items and I would not be able to get the items to them after (maybe) and if I will never use them again I would like to be able to give them to them, also I know I do not have a full seabag being that I've been a shore sailor (smile). I'm writing my OCS mentor to find out for sure, but the site also says If applicable which leaves it open to debate.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fair 'nuff, I was just curious about the debate. I went to OCS a while ago and I wasn't prior E so it wasn't even an issue I had thought about.