• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlistment as a viable option

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpage

Hey there,

My app for Intel went to the board a couple weeks ago. All in all, it seems like it should be pretty solid -- I have a Bachelor's and a Master's, have done well in good schools, no criminal record, strong recs, etc. But still, there's a part of me that's worried about what might go wrong -- could they close the program for FYO4, might they not like something about the app, etc. Judging from this site, it seems like people face the frustration of waiting for months and months just to hear ANYTHING. I also listed supply and crypto as my 2nd and 3rd choices, but I'm not sure how psyched I'd be about those -- what I'm thinking about instead is that if I'm not pre-selected, or just don't hear anything after months and months, maybe I should just enlist. Then, after some time in the fleet, I could re-apply to OCS, but I'd already have my Navy career underway and I wouldn't feel like I"m living in a holding pattern but actually doing something important in the meantime..

..just curious, what do you all think about the option of enlisting? Does this seem like a smart strategy?

thanks a lot, any ideas or advice is MUCH appreciated..

-gp

Status
Not open for further replies.