• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted working on package

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae2wolfe

I am enlisted AE2 working on an OCS package it will be completed in about two weeks anyone have questions or advice!!!! I want to go NFO is it tight right now. My scores are competitive and LORs are impressive.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ae2wolfe said:
I am enlisted AE2 working on an OCS package it will be completed in about two weeks anyone have questions or advice!!!! I want to go NFO is it tight right now. My scores are competitive and LORs are impressive.
Must be a "tight" fetish for FOs around here!!

As mentioned in the other thread, nobody here is going to be able to answer that authoritatively. Best bet for you to be a "tight NFO" is to put that package in.

Speaking of impressive LORs. Are your LORs signed by aviators? Do they actually speak to your ability with hard facts, and mention the writer's thoughts on you in a specific capacity (ie NFO)? It's funny, not necessarily yours, but I have gone through commissioning packages, and come across some mediocre LORs that never get to the point, are vague, and never have definable metrics of what you did. For others out there, I would be leery of any vague LORs. My two cents.

Best of luck.

Pilotswimmer

I was an MN3 and got picked up for NFO. I just did well on the aviation portion of the test. I also got a little help from the XO of the reserve squadron at the base where I drill. I did an interview with him.

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
AE2,

I'm sure that it is just a lack of caring since this is merely a forum, but I hope that you use(d) proper grammar (spelling, punctuation, etc.) in your application. Good luck with everything.

Scam

ae2wolfe

Thanx for articulate remark!!!

I didn't (did not) realize that I would be graded in the forum, but I do appreciate the comment. No hard feelings. Hope everything is correct now. OOOPPPSS, I mean, I hope everything is correct. :icon_tong

kiesha.jackson

Hey Wolfe! I am also a Second Class that is dropping a package. What did you score on your ASTB? By the way, you’re not being graded on a chat forum. Sometimes the OCS graduates, or potential future students, lack military knowledge and experience that a person should have and that’s where the immature problem lies. You have the upper-hand because you have Navy experience. When you are commissioned don’t forget to lead be example. Take the brand new Officers or Navy Freshman Officers by the hand and show them how it’s done (THE NAVY WAY).

Good Luck Wolfe!

ae2wolfe

Im putting in for NFO
ASTB scores 6/6/6 53
LOR from 2 Star
Interview from O-6 NFO
All EP evals
Justs submitted package today
how about you Jackson?

itjoew

Officer Programs

I am an IT3 in the Navy now; I have my BS already and am taking the OCS test on April 15 of this year. I am going to apply for the SPECIAL DUTY - OCEANOGRAPHY, SUPPLY CORPS, and the SURFACE WARFARE OFFICER Programs in that ranking. Those are the three I am going to put on my application. I was wondering how hard the three programs are to get into and should/could I add anything to my application that might help it along. I was thinking letters of recommendations if they are allowed. Also, I was told that the Navy offers a science program for officers but I could not find it, if anyone knows if this is true let me know so I could look into it. I have a strong science background, hence the Oceanography as my first choice.

ae2wolfe

I have no clue nor have I found one person that knows how easy/hard it is to get into any particular program. I have read on this web site that LORs from the highest ranking individuals possible is a great addition to any package and that person being from what ever designator you want can only be a positive addition.

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
My astb scores were identical to yours, 6/6/6, I only had one letter of rec. from a teacher, but I will graduate with a math degree so I think that helped. Anyway, I was pro rec'd very recently, didn't take long at all. So I think you're in good position with the better letters of rec and interview. I have a 3.49 gpa in math, and lettered in a couple of sports in highschool, don't know if that helped. But I did get pro rec'd, so as far as I'm concerned your good to go. What FY you applying for? I got fy '05.

Also, I didn't know that enlisted had to go to OCS, I know nrotc doesn't, so I really don't understand why enlisted would, I'm sure you receive just as much training as nrotc, anyone have any insight on that?

ae2wolfe

I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY!!! I GOT PICKED UP SNFO!!!!! I report to OCS on 4 June 2005! Anyone else going on that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.