• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted to OCS with a Foreign Degree

Happymits

Hello, I am wanting to submit an OCS package with a Bachelors Degree from a foreign country. I already have my degree evaluated by an institution accredited by the Navy and this has allowed me to start working on my Master’s. I am having a hard time trying to find a clear instruction on what to do with this situation as far as enlisted to ocs goes. Do I need to get my evaluated transcript added to my SMART or would including it on my ocs package would be suffice? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Happymits

clarify what you mean by this, did NRC review the degree or just a school that the USN will pay for you to take classes at.

The NRC was not part of the review at all. I actually paid out of pocket to get my transcript evaluated to see if I needed to take any more classes (which luckily I did not) then found a school that accepts TA to work on my Masters. The evaluation service I used is included on the list of services listed in the recruiting manual for officers. I have 3 courses left but it’s still probably going to take me a year to complete it. Just trying to see if I can possibly put in an application sooner than later.

exNavyOffRec

The NRC was not part of the review at all. I actually paid out of pocket to get my transcript evaluated to see if I needed to take any more classes (which luckily I did not) then found a school that accepts TA to work on my Masters. The evaluation service I used is included on the list of services listed in the recruiting manual for officers. I have 3 courses left but it’s still probably going to take me a year to complete it. Just trying to see if I can possibly put in an application sooner than later.

When you go to apply NRC will do their own review, while the school may be good for the USN and the other college for you to get a Masters degree it may not be ok to become a USN officer, but odds are you should be fine.