• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

enlist with college degree or OCS

exNavyOffRec

Active duty. So I'll have two more years to go for NFO?
@Ralph- that is another thought.
Yes, with 4 years of waiver commissioned by 31.

I am trying to recall the conversation I had a year or so ago with the USAF recruiter, I believe they do have a higher age limit, but have some other age points to meet.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
My GPA was 2.75, but to me, a GPA is just a gauge of someone's discipline and attitude. That's one reason why I am leaning towards joining the military. I believe it will challenge me and bring out the best in me.
I hate to burst your bubble, but applying for a commission is a screening process, unlike enlisting. Part of the mentality the board is going to use to screen you is: do you already demonstrate the discipline, motivation, and attitude to succeed as an Officer? By your logic (and I can't say I necessarily disagree), your GPA demonstrates that you lack those traits...so why would the Navy want to hire you (you'll get to explain this in 450 words on your application)?

If you want to enlist for personal development and to repay your loans, then go ahead. Bear in mind that you should try to pick a rating which will satisfy your professionally, or it will be a very long 4-6 years.

As for the LRP program, you are correct it is only available to enlisted Sailors. However, I encourage you to look at the base pay and BAH rates for an O-1 to O-3 with 0-5 years in service compared to an E-3-E-5 with similar TIS.

mb1685

Dude, you were a MC: Electronic Media major at Texas State? Me too. I was "supposed" to graduate last May but I'm behind. PM me, I probably know you!