• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

english is uncomprehensible

Adeniyi

Hey guys,i took the ASTB yesterday and i am not happy about the result.i believe the reading skills (english) section to be the main reason because all the study guides i used were notting like the real test.it has four options that are rather confusing or not clear enough,honestly i have never encountered those kind of questions before.
The maths portion wasn't that bad,i just ran out of time with about six quetions left(my time managemnt sucks),if anybody use the Arco and Barrons practice test you should be good.
The Spatial Apperception (which is my favourite)took me by supprise a bit,what we have in the Arco and Barrons books are notting like the real test,(though it gives some clues).it is confusing and could be frustrating to guys without aviation background.in the test,it is difficult to differentiate from the question box which one is the land or sea and it does not show the clouds.i would not recommend anybody to solely depend on the Arco and Barrons books for the test.
The remaining two sections were not a big deal for me,they are mostly aviation related questions(though there were couple of quetions i couldn't get clear),i would recommend anybody to use both jeppessen private pilot book and the red gleim question bank book.
Now i humbly request help you guys can offer especially on the English section of the test and maybe the Spatial Apperception for guys with no aviation background.

joe dirt

pilot
The Spatial Apperception (which is my favourite)
Are you applying for the Royal Navy/Marines?
*No but I see your profile says you are from "overseas"
You should learn to speak 'Merican and try the test again

phrogpilot73

I smell a troll.
Nope... Without disclosing too much - I know that this isn't the case.

For the OP - I've pretty much figured out where you're stationed, your MOS, and your rank. I'm guessing based on your last name (and your original post) that you're originally from Nigeria. If you want, I might be able to put you in touch with an AD LtCol Cobra pilot that's originally from Nigeria who may be able to address your unique situation. PM me - and I'll contact him via USMC NMCI. If he's cool with it, than I'll put you two in touch...

Adeniyi

okay thanks, that's cool by me, you can contact me via my USMC email or let me know how i can contact you...

GreenLantern330

Nope... Without disclosing too much - I know that this isn't the case.

For the OP - I've pretty much figured out where you're stationed, your MOS, and your rank. I'm guessing based on your last name (and your original post) that you're originally from Nigeria. If you want, I might be able to put you in touch with an AD LtCol Cobra pilot that's originally from Nigeria who may be able to address your unique situation. PM me - and I'll contact him via USMC NMCI. If he's cool with it, than I'll put you two in touch...

That makes a lot of sense now. Otherwise, it was kinda trollish, but I believe you. My apologies.