• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Engineering at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophro

SNA--13 Nov 2004
Anybody out there have any useful info pertaining to the course on engineering at OCS? Easy, difficult, pure reguritation?

MikeGuy

You can sleep through the academic courses at OCS and still pass without a problem. I'm living proof.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
Engineering, like all of the classes there, is not that difficult. The classes that give people the most trouble are the ones where they throw the most information at you in the least amount of time, like Seamanship, Navigation, and so on. It is all about the data-dumping of info. The more you can cram into your brain during the few days you have to study for each test, the better.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Engineering was the last class, and took place after you passed the out-PRT and all inspections, so it's almost a formality at that point. It's the last graded event, and you'll probably get some cool instructor who will gouge you up properly for the test.

note...For those not in the navy yet, "gouge you up" means "tell you all the info that is most likely to appear on the test".

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
I have an engineering degree, so it should be a breeze to me.
What they teach you there is basic Naval engineering such as propulsion systems, auxiliary equipment ~ ships steering mechanism, anchor windlass, distilling plants, etc.

Don't sweat it, it is not difficult at all. The difficult part is the designing of the systems, not the operation and basic function of each system

Status
Not open for further replies.