• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ejector Seat Requirements...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSnake

Anybody know the height reqs for ejection seats? Seated hieght and such. Just curious. I'm 6'3 and just wondering.

Jack

Six -three sounds like it would be just fine. You have to remember that while height does play a part in your anthro quals, it is but one factor. You also are measured with respect to sitting reach, butt-to-knee length, butt-to-head. Six three would probably be fine as long as you dont have some freakish apendages.

tali264

hey jack, as long as your here... do you know the official weight requirements for ejection seats? Flygirl heard 140.... i found on studentpilot that as of July 2002 it was like 100. Just curious.

Valion310

Don't know if this helps anyone. We had a pilot who was almost 6'4 in our Hornet squadron. He didn't have a problem due to the seats ability to go up and down and you could move the rudders forward and back.

hope it helps some[^]

Valion310 blah tonight ...

Jeff

I forget off the top of my head, but I believe the weight reqs are 136 - 215... Above or Below those you have to sign a waiver stating that if anything happens during an ejection they are not liable or something of that nature.

Jack

Originally posted by BDCPUAH
Hey Jack, Do you know Van Kiser, Hes an instructor @ Meridian, not sure of his rank.

Yep. He was just getting there as I was finishing up and leaving. Really nice guy - I'm sure he'll be a great instructor.

Status
Not open for further replies.