• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ejection Seat Groundings?

HuggyU2

None
What is the story on the Navy jets getting grounded for ejection seat issues? Some USAF T-6's are also affected.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
CAD issues? Shocking

Are T-6s still flying around in Solo all the time?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
It seems to affect most, if not all, T/M/S’s that use MB seats. My squadron has been at a large multi-service exercise for the past few weeks, and it’s been interesting to see how this rolled like a slow wave over many of the participants.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I was a Prowler guy, so trust me, I get it :)

The Air Force just grounded their whole F-35 fleet as well, so everyone gets to enjoy this party together.

We were worried about a single vendor engine when the contracts were bid 20 years ago, but apparently no one was worried about a single vender egress system across pretty much every pointy nose aircraft in the DoD inventory.

The fact that a single failure has multi-service, multi pipeline, training as well as fleet effect, is almost criminal.

Once again we've proven that the best way to beat us isn't in the air, it's in preventing our aircrews from being able to fly their airplanes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It seems to affect most, if not all, T/M/S’s that use MB seats. My squadron has been at a large multi-service exercise for the past few weeks, and it’s been interesting to see how this rolled like a slow wave over many of the participants.
Good to see you guys cruise past my beach this morning. Quite a sight as I enjoyed my breakfast. ?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were worried about a single vendor engine when the contracts were bid 20 years ago, but apparently no one was worried about a single vender egress system across pretty much every pointy nose aircraft in the DoD inventory.

The fact that a single failure has multi-service, multi pipeline, training as well as fleet effect, is almost criminal.

Once again we've proven that the best way to beat us isn't in the air, it's in preventing our aircrews from being able to fly their airplanes.
This isn’t particularly unique in Naval Aviation. Red stripes happen, and are usually resolved quickly.